Add to basket or enquire
Fundamentals of Biology
Do you have a flair for science?
Studying Biology can open a lot of doors as it shows intelligence, problem solving ability, the ability to record and collect information and analytical skills. Whether you’re interested in work as a Biologist, hope to go on to further study of the subject, or simply want to broaden your awareness, this course is the perfect start and would be very useful for students who need support during A-Level study of the subject. The course covers 22 modules, and will teach you all the fundamentals of Biology, so you can understand cell division, the principles of evolution, physiology and much more!
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Curriculum : Fundamentals of Biology
1. THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD AND REPRESENTATION OF SCIENTIFIC WORK
2. THE CHEMISTRY OF LIVING THINGS AND ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- The Chemistry of Living Things
- Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry
3. INTRODUCTION TO DNA AND RNA AND AN ENZYME
- Introduction to DNA and RNA
- Structure and Function of an Enzyme
4. CELL MEMBRANE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION AND CELLULAR ORGANELLES
- Cell Membrane Structure and Function
- Cellular Organelles and Structure
5. MECHANISM OF DNA REPLICATION AND THE DNA, RNA AND PROTEINS
- Mechanism of DNA Replication
- The DNA, RNA and Proteins
6. GENE MUTATION CAUSES AND DISORDERS AND CELLULAR METABOLISM
- Gene Mutation Causes and Disorders
- Cellular Metabolism
7. GENES, CHROMOSOMES, CELL DIVISION
- Genes,Chromosomes,Cell Division – Part 1
- Genes, Chromosomes, Cell Division – Part 2
8. HUMAN BODY SYSTEMS(SKELETAL SYSTEM,MUSCULAR SYSTEM,RESPIRATORY SYSTEM,CIRCULATORY SYSTEMS,DIGESTIVE SYSTEM,EXCRETORY SYSTEM
- Human Body Systems (Skeletal System,Muscular System,Respiratory System,Circulatory Systems,Digestive System,Excretory system
9. NERVOUS SYSTEM AND HOMEOSTASIS
10. PROCESSES OF GENETICS, ANIMAL REPRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Processes of Animal Reproduction and Development
- Genetics and Heredity
11. FUNDAMENTALS OF ECOLOGY
- Fundamentals of Ecology
- Population and Conservation Biology
12. THE BASIC PROCESS OF EVOLUTION AND SPECIATION
13. EARTH’S TIMELINE AND LIFE EVOLUTION ON EARTH
14. SPECIES NAMES, TAXONOMY AND GENETIC ENGINEERING
- Species Names and Taxonomy
- Basic Concepts in Genetic Engineering
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Fundamentals of Biology by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Who is this course for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of Biology or conservation.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying Biology who need extra tuition.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research analyst
- Lab Technician
- Research Scientist
- Nature Conservation Officer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Nosheen Akhtar asked:
Do you give certificate at end
Dear Nosheen, Thank you for your query. Yes. At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple-choice questions assessment test. Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Fundamentals of Biology by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learned. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How is each module assesed ?
Dear Natasha, Thank you for your query. At the end of the course, you will also take an online multiple-choice questions assessment test. This online multiple-choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course. Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Fundamentals of Biology by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learn. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I need a level 2 certificate for Universtiy entry for Biology Foundation degree, is this course accredicated ? So I can use it for entry ?
Dear Natasha, Thank you for your query. The Fundamentals of Biology - Level 2 is a CPD accredited more professional-oriented qualification which can guarantee the following career pathways. Research analyst Biologist Lab Technician Microbiologist We would like to recommend an Ofqual regulated qualification in order to apply for the university entry. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.