Interested in equality and diversity? This qualification aims to help business leaders, HR professionals, community leaders and others develop their social awareness and promote and maintain equality and diversity in the workplace, community and society.
Join 50,000 learners who have upskilled with Strive Training!
- This is a fully-funded course - Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years (eligibility applies)
- Nationally accredited qualification
- Takes on average 5 - 10 weeks
- Engaging online learning
- Learn at your own pace
- Expert 1-to-1 support - Ongoing personal guidance from expert assessors
- Employment support - Benefit from our network of top employers who are looking to hire
- Course Content - download
Boost your career prospects with knowledge of what it takes to create and protect a diverse workforce. This qualification is designed to help you gain a better understanding of equality, diversity and discrimination and how to foster an inclusive environment for all. You will explore the common stereotypes and labelling that often occur in our society and workplaces and develop tools and strategies to promote diversity and equality in any setting.
Course Length: The course is self-paced, and can be completed in as little as four weeks.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who is unemployed (and in receipt of benefits) and has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years.
What you'll learn:
1. Equality and diversity in society
In this unit, you will learn what is meant the by the term ‘equality’ and explore the damaging effects of stereotyping and labelling.
2. Equality and diversity in the community
This unit will help you to identify the extent of diversity that exists within a community and understand the benefits of promoting a culture of equality and diversity.
3. Equality and diversity in the workplace
In this unit you will learn how equality and diversity can be promoted and maintained by employees and the benefits of having a dynamic, diverse workforce.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed to help you understand the working environment better by looking at how behaviour affects those around us. It's ideal for HR professionals, business owners, employers, employees, business managers and anyone looking to move into HR or people management.
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2002
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: London, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2020, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)
- Access to PC/laptop
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 hours of learning per day
- HR Manager
- HR Assistant
- HR Director
- Diversity Manager
- Equality Manager
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- LGBT Officer
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.