Waste management can best be described as the collection, storage and disposal of waste. There is onus on every human to dispose waste correctly, whether an individual or organisation.
The most important reason for waste management is to protect the environment and the health of the population. Rubbish and waste can cause air and water pollution. Rotting waste is also known to produce harmful gases that mix with the air and can cause breathing problems in people.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understand the scope of conservation
- Learn the values associated with conservation
- Recognise the impact of 'overkill'
- Distinguish between sewage and sewerage
- Discover the characteristics of sewage and classifications
- Explore the decomposition of sewage
- Identify types of sewers
- Understand the range of refuse management
- Identify the various methods used to clean streets
- Discover how waste is disposed of
- Examine the effects of Industry on the Environment including
- Types of pollution
- The effects of atmospheric pollution
- Acid rain
- The greenhouse effect
- Understand the process of producing nuclear energy including
- Learn how industrial effluent affects water quality
- Identify the impurities found in water
- Know how water is purified
- Examine how recycled or second hand water can affect pollution problems
- Identify the different types of waste materials
- Identify which materials can be recycled
- Recognise the benefit of recycling against cost
- Identify ways to reduce the quantity of domestic waste materials
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- This course will be beneficial for individuals and organisations – Grow and go green at the same time!
- The course provides a helpful guide towards a better and healthier environment.
- Online study means you can study from anywhere, at anytime that best fits around your existing commitments.
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
Our courses are compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn Anywhere, Anytime!
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.