Arete Training Solutions
Add to basket or enquire
This course bundle is ideal for those looking to work in palliate care or a related healthcare profession as well as those friends/family directly affected by the subject matter. We cover the role and responsibilities of the carer, equipping learners with the skills and knowledge to support individuals in vulnerable medical states through the final stages of life.
In this comprehensive training course, you will deepen your understanding of the process and patterns of dying, and the emotions and feelings of those going through the final stages of life. You will learn how to provide person-centred support to those in vulnerable medical states, developing a range of communication and customer service skills along the way.
This course will also take you through the support and aftercare process in detail, providing you with essential information on how to work in a team of other professionals involved in end of life care.
Courses included in this bundle
- Duty of Care
- Consent in a Care Environment
- End of Life Advanced Care Planning
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Verification of Death
Duty of Care
You will learn how you have a duty of care towards the people you support, the e-learning course will explain what having a ‘duty of care’ entails and how to meet the standards of fulfilling your duty.
Consent in a Care Environment
You will look at the key principles of valid consent with adults who have capacity, how and when staff should seek consent, the different ways consent can be given and how staff should respond when consent is refused. You will also looks at ‘Gillick competence’ and how this principle is used when seeking consent from children and young people.
You will look at the key principles of consent when the adult may not have the capacity to make decisions. It includes examples of the different occasions when someone may not have capacity and also the fluid and fluctuating nature of capacity.
The course covers the different actions staff may need to take in seeking consent, including best interest decisions, emergency situations, advance decisions to refuse treatment and lasting powers of attorney.
End of Life Advanced Care Planning
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is a process of discussion between an individual and their care providers. It is to make clear a person’s wishes in anticipation of a deterioration in the individual’s condition in the future, with attendant loss of capacity to make decisions and/or ability to communicate wishes to others.
Palliative and End of Life Care
This course is for candidates working within caring role for those who have a life-limiting illness. This course will enable candidates to undertake the carer’s role with confidence applying understanding of palliative care providing dignity, comfort and empathy.
Verification of Death
This course is aimed at nurses working in primary care, supportive care and care homes. It will support the development of your knowledge and skill to competently verify death of adults. It is not limited to any particular setting or situation, but enables the nurse to understand the procedure to verify death within the contexts of both expected and unexpected death (and the particular considerations for both situations)
Method Of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take online multiple choice question assessment tests. This online multiple choice question tests are marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Why Choose us?
- Our courses represent outstanding value for money
- High quality e-learning study materials.
- Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
- 24/7 Access to the Online Learning Portal.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- Recognised CPD Certification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
This course will be of special interest to people who are working in the healthcare industry. Moreover, this comprehensive course is suitable for;
- Nurses, social workers
- Practitioners, researchers
- Including other health and social care professionals.
- Friends/Family caring for an individual affected by the topic
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course.
- Available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. Having experience and good academic background will be an advantage to study this course.
- Good understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
On completion of this End of Life and Palliative Care training bundle, you will earn a recognised certificate that enables you to start and develop your career in the social care or health care industry.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.