European Energy Centre
Add to basket or enquire
- Video lessons based on live classroom training developed by internationally recognised University Academics and Experts
- Live individual tutorial conducted remotely with your assigned tutor
- Course materials accessible on computer, tablet & mobile
- Resource Centre to access knowledge
- Remote exam for the internationally recognised Galileo Master Certificate
The Electrics for Renewables course introduces and explains the technical side of renewable technologies, discussing wiring for both grid-connected and off-grid systems. It also discusses energy storage and electrical safety.
Review of electrical fundamentals including:
- Voltage, current and how they are measured, AC and DC, Resistance
- Inductance and Capacitance in AC and DC circuits
- Impact and calculation of Voltage drops
DC-based Renewable Systems (off-grid):
- Systems architecture and batteries
- Calculation of cable size and measurement of voltage drop
- Over current protection and over voltage protection
- Safe operation and installation
- Practical session measurement of PV performance
- Earthing and over current protection
- Different types of generators inverters (asynchronous and synchronous types)
- Safety considerations
- The impact of power factor
- PV installation guidelines and installation standards
- Connection and Wiring standards
- Earthing arrangements and their implications
- Safe operation and installation
Certificate of Participation provided.
Galileo Master Certificate (GMC), Internationally recognised: provided to successful candidates of remote exam
Who is this course for?
Technicians and individuals with a strong interest in the electrical systems side of renewable systems.
There are no entry requirements for this course as it will go from the fundamentals to more advanced topics over the two days of teaching.
Participants have gone on to become Renewable Energy installers and consultants. Others have found the knowledge very useful in starting a career as an electrician.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi,Does it include the designing of AC and DC boxes including fuses, surge arresters, LV, MW or compact substations in MW projects?
Hi Sahar, Thank you for getting in touch. The course covers the following topics: Electrical Fundamentals, Electrical Safety, Instrumentation, Battery Backup, Inverters, Earthing and Bonding, Cable Termination Skills, Fault Isolation, Safe Isolation Methods, Supply System Overview, Electrical Regulations Overview. I hope that this is helpful. Kind regards, DeborahThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
James cowley asked:
I am a service engineer of 8 years working on chp units and landfill gas engines looking to expand my knowledge base is this course for me? Ta
Hi James, Thank you for your enquiry. The Electrics for Renewables course is aimed at individuals (professionals and students) as well as technicians with a strong interest in the electrical systems side of renewable systems. The course is suitable for a wide range of audiences, including engineers. Please feel free to email direct in to: training @ euenergycentre .org and a member of the Courses Team can send you a more detailed breakdown of the course outline.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am solar design engineer with experience of 8 years, is this certificate useful in Indian market. Please confirm.
Hi there Poojas, We are a global training provider, and the GMC (Galileo Master Certificate) that is achieved if you successfully pass the exam at the end of the course is an internationally recognised certificate that states you have a certain amount of continuous professional development hours gained from your training on the subject area. If you have any further questions on the course or content then please let me know. Kind regards, DeborahThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.