Add to basket or enquire
[Updated 2023 (CPD QS)]
Unlock the secrets of electrical maintenance with our course! Journey through PAT, risk assessment, and British Standards. Transform your approach to electrical safety and reporting, ensuring a bright and secure future."
The "Electrical Maintenance Engineer: Maintain and Inspect Electrical Equipment" course offers a comprehensive exploration of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) and the vital safety measures for maintaining electrical equipment. Delve into the legal aspects with Modules on statutory provisions and maintenance regulations. Understand the essentials of risk assessment and the methodologies to mitigate hazards. Discover the intricacies of electrical units, appliance classification, and the specifics of equipment maintenance. Equip yourself with knowledge on initial visual examinations, and the use of instruments for thorough testing and inspection. The course also covers the testing of electrical installations, leads, and RCDs, emphasizing the importance of safety precautions. Develop your proficiency in maintaining accurate records and staying abreast of British Standards and their latest amendments. Complete your learning journey by knowing how to manage new and used equipment testing.
Enrol now and steer your career towards assured electrical safety compliance and management.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments and implement strategies to minimize hazards.
- Classify electrical appliances and ascertain their maintenance requirements effectively.
- Perform initial visual examinations and utilize testing instruments with confidence.
- Interpret and apply the latest British Standards for electrical equipment maintenance.
- Maintain precise records and reports for electrical equipment testing and compliance.
Explore the pivotal role of an Electrical Maintenance Engineer and elevate your proficiency in maintaining electrical equipment to the highest safety standards. This course guides you through the foundational knowledge of electrical maintenance, with a focus on Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), ensuring you are versed in both the theoretical and regulatory facets. You'll learn to navigate through complex safety responsibilities, maintenance requirements, and the newest amendments to British Standards. By the end of this course, you'll have the insights to perform thorough inspections, testing, and maintain impeccable records, all while aligning with statutory provisions.
This course contains the following curriculum:
Module 01: Introduction to PAT
Module 02: Relevant Statutory Provisions for PAT
Module 03: Safety Responsibilities & Maintenance Provisions
Module 04: Risk Assessment
Module 05: Reducing and Controlling Risks
Module 06: Electrical Units and Appliance Classification
Module 07: Equipment Coverage & Maintenance Needs
Module 08: Initial Visual Examination
Module 09: Instruments for Testing and Equipment Inspection
Module 10: Electrical Installation Testing
Module 11: Lead & RCD Testing
Module 12: Safety Precautions in Electrical Testing
Module 13: Reporting and Record-keeping
Module 14: Testing for New or Used Equipment
Module 15: British Standards and Latest Changes
Upon completing the course, you can obtain a certificate titled PAT Training (Updated 2023). Certificate options include a PDF Certificate at £4.99, a hardcopy for UK- delivery at £9.99, or a hardcopy for international delivery at £14.99.
Who is this course for?
- Technicians and engineers involved in electrical equipment maintenance.
- Professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge of electrical inspection and maintenance.
- Individuals working in industries requiring compliance with electrical safety standards.
- Individuals looking to expand their career opportunities in electrical engineering.
No formal entry or relevant experience is required for this course!
This training is open to everyone who is willing to learn. All you need is –
- A smart device that has a constant internet connection
- A strong desire to learn the topic
- And being over the age of 16
Some of the career paths related to this field are:
- Electrical Maintenance Technician: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Electrical Engineer: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Maintenance Supervisor: £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Electrical Project Manager: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Compliance Officer: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Electrical Consultant: £40,000 - £70,000 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Digital certificate - £4.99
Hard copy certificate
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
Hardcopy Certificate for International Students: £14.99
For students outside of the United Kingdom, this option ensures delivery of a high-quality, professionally printed certificate to your international address for only £14.99.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.