Add to basket or enquire
Are you interested in a career that truly makes a difference in people's lives? Do you have a passion for helping those with disabilities navigate the complex world of government benefits? If so, the Disability Assessor: The Assessment Process course is the perfect opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills in this rewarding field.
This comprehensive course is designed to provide you with a solid understanding of the disability assessment process, from legal frameworks and policy guidelines to disability models and assessment methods. You'll learn how to effectively prepare for assessments, conduct assessments using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) framework, and write detailed and accurate assessment reports.
Throughout the course, you'll delve into the world of assistive technology and ergonomics, gaining an understanding of how these tools can be used to support those with disabilities. With a focus on theoretical knowledge, this course provides an excellent foundation for anyone interested in a career as a disability assessor or who wants to expand their existing skills and knowledge.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to enhance your understanding of the disability assessment process. Enrol in the Disability Assessor: The Assessment Process course today and take the first step towards a rewarding career helping those in need.
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the disability assessment process and the role of a disability assessor.
- Understand the legal frameworks, policies, and guidelines that govern disability assessments in the UK.
- Identify different disability models and assessment methods, and apply them appropriately in different situations.
- Learn how to effectively prepare for and conduct assessments using the ICF framework.
- Understand the role of assistive technology and ergonomics in supporting those with disabilities.
- Develop the skills to write accurate and detailed disability assessment reports.
The Disability Assessor: The Assessment Process course is a comprehensive and in-depth programme designed to provide learners with a thorough understanding of disability assessment in the UK. This course covers all aspects of the assessment process, from legal frameworks and policies to disability models and assessment methods. Through a series of modules, learners will develop an understanding of how to conduct assessments using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) framework and how to write accurate and detailed reports.
The course also covers the role of assistive technology and ergonomics in supporting those with disabilities. By the end of the course, learners will have gained a solid foundation in disability assessment, enabling them to pursue a career as a disability assessor or to expand their existing skills and knowledge in this field.
- Module 1: Disability Assessment and Disability Assessor
- Module 2: Legal Frameworks, Policy and Guidelines
- Module 3: Disability Models and Disability Assessment Methods
- Module 4: Preparation for the Assessment
- Module 5: The Assessment Process
- Module 6: ICF and Disability Assessment
- Module 7: Assistive Technology and Ergonomics
- Module 8: Disability Assessment Report Writing
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for the following:
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career as a disability assessor.
- Healthcare professionals looking to expand their skills and knowledge in disability assessment.
- Anyone interested in working with people with disabilities.
- Individuals interested in the legal and policy frameworks governing disability assessments.
No prior qualifications are needed for Learners to enrol on this course.
Career Path in this industry includes:
- Disability Assessor: £25,000 - £35,000 per year
- Healthcare Professional (with disability assessment skills): £20,000 - £60,000 per year
- Policy Advisor (Disability Assessment): £25,000 - £40,000 per year
- Social Worker: £22,000 - £40,000 per year
- Occupational Therapist: £24,000 - £42,000 per year
- Case Manager: £20,000 - £40,000 per year.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
CPD Accredited PDF Certificate
Digital certificate - Included
CPD Accredited Hardcopy Certificate
Hard copy certificate - £15.99
A physical, high-quality copy of your certificate will be printed and mailed to you for only £15.99.
For students within the United Kingdom, there will be no additional charge for postage and packaging. For students outside the United Kingdom, there will be an additional £10 fee for international shipping.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.