Add to basket or enquire
If you are looking for a pathway into residential surveying, the Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation is a unique qualification giving those without a relevant degree the opportunity to join the profession in as little as 24 months. The diploma is approved for direct entry into the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) at Associate level, so you can begin working as a surveyor as soon as you are qualified.
- Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation - course overview -
The Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation is a Level 6 qualification, equivalent to a university degree in terms of academic rigour, and is overseen by the Awarding Body for the Built Environment (ABBE). It is approved for direct entry into the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), meaning you can gain AssocRICS membership as soon as you qualify, and start earning a living as a surveyor. It is also accredited by the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
The diploma is delivered part time through a blend of virtual classrooms, online learning and 12 face-to-face training days, meaning you can carry on working while you study.
- You’ll be trained to undertake RICS HomeBuyer Reports, valuations for banks and building societies, and other condition surveys
- There’s a high demand for surveying services across the UK and there’s limited supply of new surveyors entering the profession
- The diploma is well-respected in the industry, with some firms sponsoring learners through the programme
- A career in residential surveying offers great freedom and flexibility such as working independently or with an established firm
- It’s vocational, meaning you’re taught real life skills, so when you finish you’ll be job-ready with skills and a qualification that are sought-after by surveying firms across the UK
- You'll gain a deep understanding of residential construction, pathology and valuation – essential skills that are desperately needed to look after the UK’s 29 million residential properties
Training and Assessment
The diploma is a vocationally related qualification, meaning it gives you the skills and knowledge to be a well-rounded residential surveyor. The diploma is delivered in two parts – training and assessment.
Training lasts for 12 months and includes a mix of online self-directed learning, virtual classroom sessions (two per month) with a trainer and your cohort, and 12 face-to-face sessions.
Once training is complete, you will then enter an assessment period which lasts for 6 - 18 months, depending on how much time you dedicate to your assessment tasks.
On qualification, you will be ready to enter the world of residential surveying and valuation and embark on your new and rewarding career in the property industry.
Who is this course for?
The course teaches you everything you need to become a competent residential surveyor with no previous experience required. We have seen Sava graduates join the course from a range of backgrounds including teaching, trade, estate agency and hairdressing.
However, due to the nature of the course, a background in the property or construction industry would be an advantage.
There are no formal requirements for entry onto this qualification; however, we recommend that you possess a good understanding of English, Mathematics and IT skills at an equivalent standard to GCSE level C.
On qualification, our learners have many options. Some choose to pursue a career as an independent surveyor, some set up their own firms and others join smaller firms or large corporates. In addition to this, many will join the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and begin working towards Chartered status.
Salaries vary depending on location and services offered.