College of Media and Publishing
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Many leading corporations including Arsenal FC, The BBC, British Airways, BT, Disney, John Lewis, and Vodafone use this accredited copywriting course to train their writers. And numerous individuals testify that it is practical, effective and great value for money.
You will learn the practical skills you need to become a successful, skilled and in-demand commercial writer.
We teach you to write original, persuasive and engaging content, for web pages, blogs, social media, brochures, adverts and much more!
This accredited copywriting course has been running since 2003, and has a proven track record in helping people find work, launch freelance businesses and use their new skills in the workplace.
Copywriting course key features:
- Certification: Quality Licence Scheme certificate of achievement.
- Endorsed by: The Quality Licence Scheme.
- Accredited by: CPD | EADL.
- Government registered?: Yes. UKRLP number: 10008168.
- Available to: UK and international learners.
- Tutor support: Unlimited support from an expert.
- Tutor marked assignments: 19 practical, tutor marked assignments.
- Post-course help? Yes - expert copywriting careers advice when you finish.
You will learn how to write original, persuasive and engaging copy that gets results.
There is a strong demand for certified copywriters these days. Most organisations need people who can write effective copy for:
- Webpages, blogs and social media.
- Advertisements, brochures, leaflets and sales presentations.
- Direct mail and emails.
- SEO articles and pay per click ads.
- Press releases and advertising features.
Our copywriting course teaches you how to handle all of these projects and more, so you feel confident marketing yourself to potential clients. (see course subjects list below)
Successful copywriting course graduate, Jonathan Green, thought the course content was perfect.
It related to his current job role, so he could immediately apply what he was learning, to his everyday work.
You will learn how to present your copy professionally, conduct effective research and comply with all the relevant codes of practice governing advertising.
You will also benefit from unlimited, personal support every step of the way from our experienced tutors.
Another copywriting course learner, Matt McAdam, who took the course with us earlier this year, told us: “The tutor support went above and beyond.” Matt was also impressed at how “varied and in depth” the course content was.
If you enjoy writing, then becoming a copywriter is a great way to earn good money and express your creativity.
COPYWRITING COURSE SUBJECTS
Copywriting course Lesson 01: Copywriting basics
- Examine what a copywriter does, and the qualities they need.
- Describe different types of copy.
- Recognise different good and bad copy.
Copywriting course Lesson 02: Copy presentation
- Submit copy to various platforms in recognised formats.
- Create an industry-standard cover sheet.
Copywriting course Lesson 03: Researching your subject
- Carry out fast and effective internet research.
- Use the information to improve copy.
Copywriting course Lesson 04: Terminology
- Be aware of specialist copywriting terminology.
- Locate online glossaries.
- Translate common terms in to layman’s English.
Copywriting course Lesson 05: Industry codes of practice
- Explain the need for codes of practice within the copywriting industry.
- State where to find the relevant codes online.
- Understand what the codes say and how to apply them.
Copywriting course Lesson 06: How to write great copy
- Define the qualities needed to make copy attractive and effective.
- Explain the need to write with your reader in mind.
- Explain the importance of good spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Define the techniques that apply to most spheres of writing.
Copywriting course Lesson 07: Writing effective headlines
- Explain the qualities of an effective headline.
- Describe the principles and techniques involved in writing headlines.
Copywriting course Lesson 08: Writing effective advertising content
- Define what an advertising feature is.
- Explain why advertising features are used and why they can be effective.
- Explain how to choose original subjects for advertising features.
- List the writing techniques used to make advertising features effective.
Copywriting course Lesson 09: Writing direct mail and email
- Explain when direct mailshots can be used effectively.
- Define the qualities that help direct mail copy to have impact and success.
- Explain how headings can be used effectively.
- Define how email shots are different and the qualities needed to make effective use of them.
Copywriting course Lesson 10: Writing press releases
- Define the qualities that help press releases to have impact and success.
- List the occasions when the use of press releases is appropriate.
- Define the importance of a press letter and when it can be used effectively.
- Explain the importance of presenting, and sending, press releases correctly.
Copywriting course Lesson 11: Writing press advertisements
- Understand what a press ad is.
- See the briefing process and your role within it.
- Work on the four key elements of an ad.
- How to write a press ad.
- Write for business to business publications.
Copywriting course Lesson 12: Writing for sales and promotion
- Explain and use techniques used in promotional copy, which covers anything to do with selling to businesses or consumers, including:
- Sales proposals.
- Point-of-sale materials (posters, cut-outs etc).
Copywriting course Lesson 13: Leaflets and brochures
- Understand what a brochure and leaflet are and how they compare.
- See why a business would choose either a brochure or a leaflet.
- Identify the key elements included in a brochure and leaflet.
- Write a successful leaflet.
- Produce a brochure containing the main components.
Copywriting course Lesson 14: Writing articles for SEO
- Explain what an SEO article is and what it is intended to achieve.
- List the stages involved in writing an SEO article.
- Demonstrate how to identify key search words.
Copywriting course Lesson 15: Using social media and blogs
- Understand the basics of social media.
- Discuss the differences and similarities between social media sites.
- Discuss the copywriter’s role in social media marketing.
- Explain how to write social media copy.
- Know what a blog is, and how to start and maintain one.
Copywriting course Lesson 16: Pay per click ads
- Understand what a pay per click advert is.
- Look at pay per click advertising across the web.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of Google AdWords.
- Write an AdWords advert with keyword identification.
- Help clients with Google AdWords and earn a living.
Copywriting course Lesson 17: Newsletters
- Write and compile a newsletter.
- Understand what is included in a newsletter.
- Compile newsletters for a specific audience.
- Explain the relevance of newsletters to ecommerce.
Copywriting course Lesson 18: Brand names and sales presentations
- Understand how to develop a brand name.
- Write sales presentations.
- Find out where outdoor advertising is relevant and how to engage with it.
Copywriting course Lesson 19: Finding work and developing your career
- List strategies for promoting your web presence.
- Select appropriate ways to start finding copywriting and editing work.
- Explain how to negotiate fees and tie up details of copywriting jobs.
COPYWRITING COURSE CERTIFICATION
This copywriting course has been independently endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP in copywriting, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a qualified copywriter.
These awards will enable you to apply for copywriting jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
COPYWRITING COURSE TUTOR: JUSTINE HOLMAN
Our copywriting course tutor is Justine Holman, a professional copywriter and copywriting consultant.
She has written copy for many publications, including Elle, The Express, Chat, Women's Weekly, TV Times and Just 17.
HELP WHEN YOU FINISH
This copywriting course has a proven track record in helping people find work and establish themselves as successful freelance copywriters.
We give advice on which agencies to join, how to market yourself correctly, and we also help you to devise a step by step plan to help you find clients.
We also provide assistance in helping you with your CV, covering letters and interview preparation.
Who is this course for?
Our copywriting course is for people of all ages and abilities. We've worked with:
- beginners wanting to become professional copywriters
- people who need to write effective copy, as part of their job roles
- individuals looking to improve their writing or copywriting skills
- marketing teams who need additional training
- small businesses and freelancers who want to get more clients
- experienced writers or copywriters looking to refresh or redefine their skills
Our copywriting course has been running since 2003, and has a proven track record in helping people find work, launch freelance businesses and use their new skills in the workplace.
No previous academic experience or previous qualifications are required for this copywriting course. It is available to people of all ages and abilities. The only thing we ask is that you have good written English.
This copywriting course has an excellent track record for success.
You could be:
- Using your new copywriting skills in the workplace
- Delivering high-quality content for a business or organisation.
- Building your own copywriting agency, and choosing your own hours, clients and projects.
- Earning up to £33,000 a year, or up to £40 an hour as a freelancer.