Cambridge Open College
The Childcare Learning and Development course covers 9 exciting and diverse units, which you will find detailed by clicking the ‘Snapshot’ tab above. Specifically tailored to equip students with a robust understanding of childrens’ needs, the course is ideal for either professionals seeking to advance, or newcomers to the childcare industry seeking a new career.
The course begins by focusing on child development, exploring in detail the various needs of children, including physical needs, nutritional needs and the benefits of adequate rest and sleep. And, equally importantly- you’ll explore the psychological needs of children- love, attention, security, positive reinforcement and education.
You’ll then move on to fascinating and valuable units on behaviour management, child abuse and the legal framework, as well as your roles and responsibilities as a care provider. The later modules will even contain invaluable information on the various agencies and legislative frameworks that are in place to protect children, and how to protect yourself from allegations and deliver professional childcare within the parameters of the legal system at all times.
1. Understand Child and Young Person Development.
2. Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People.
3. Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety.
4. Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People
5. Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People.
6. Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
7. Context and principles for early years provision.
8. Promote children’s welfare and well being in the early years.
9. Professional practice in early years settings.
10. Engage parents in their children’s early learning
11. Support children and young people to achieve their learning potential
12. Promote young children’s physical activity and movement skills.
Who is this course for?
Do you have a passion for working with kids? With accreditation through the Focus Awards Focus on Quality Provision (FQP), the Childcare Learning and Development course is particularly well suited to those seeking to progress in the childcare industry or start a new career in it.
The Childcare Learning and Development course has no set requirements, and is open to people from all walks of life. If you have an interest in this area and have a decent standard of education behind you, we welcome your application. The course is made to be accessible to anyone, and we will supply a study guide to all new students. Your personal tutor will also be available, should you need any guidance or help.
Graduates of the Childcare Learning and Development course, especially those who go on to complete their CWDC (Childcare Workforce Development Council) qualification, will possess the knowledge, skills and qualification requirements to advance their careers or peruse a new role in the childcare industry.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.