Oakwood Home Learning
Add to basket or enquire
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare (QCF) has been developed in collaboration with the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY). This qualification prepares learners to set up a home based childcare setting as a registered childminder.
This course is designed for students who want to have a vocation in home based childcare settings. This could be as a childminding assistant or another home child carer (e.g. nannies, au pairs). It teaches the essential prerequisites for setting up a childcare business in a home setting while ensuring CACHE certification. Cache certifications are by Ofsted and are required by childminders and au pairs by various local authorities.
Study Time: 50 hours
Enrolment length: 12 months
Course Format: Paper Based
This course comes with CACHE Level 3 qualification. CACHE have been developing courses in the childcare, education and healthcare sectors since 1945 and are one of the most reputable awarding bodies for qualifications in the UK and overseas.
- Understand current legislation and regulation in relation to home-based childcare
- Understand how to establish a safe and healthy home-based childcare environment for children
- Understand how to support the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Understand how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand how day to day care routines promote children’s well-being
- Understand how to work in partnership to support children’s outcomes
- Understand children’s learning and behaviour in relation to sequence, rate and stage of development
- Understand the value of play in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand the role of observation in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand how to lead and manage a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to comply with financial and taxation requirements when setting up a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to create a business plan
- Understand how to register with the appropriate regulatory body
This course is assessed through tutor marked assignments which must be sent to your tutor for marking. You will then be provided with feedback and a mark on your work from your tutor within 4 working days. After each assignment has been sent off and marked as complete you will have passed the course and will receive your certification.
All of the shipping costs for our courses are included in the enrolment fees and we offer worldwide shipping free of charge. This means you can get started on your course for much less without the hassle of paying expensive postage costs- you can leave these to us. All of our courses are printed, bound and shipped to you first class, within 1 working day, so you can get enrolled and get started on your new course in no time at all.
All of our courses come with full tutor support throughout so that you can benefit from the best education. Our tutor support team includes a number of professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds- each one an expert in their own field with tutoring experience in abundance. Students at Oakwood are assigned a personal tutor who provides help and support throughout their course and will mark all of your assignments so that you have the personal touch of an industry expert there to help at all times. This tutor support is completely unlimited- which means you can contact your tutor and ask as many questions as you need when working through your course. With this support you will never feel alone on one of our courses and you will always be backed by a professionally qualified team dedicated to your success.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
For those who are looking to become a registered childminder.
The qualification is suitable for learners wishing to work as:
- Registered home-based child carers
- Childminding assistants
- Au pairs
- Other child carers in a home based settings
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.