Add to basket or enquireEnquire now Visit provider's site
This highly popular FREE online Business and Administration qualification examines the day-to-day workings of real-world companies and teaches you the techniques that help them to operate successfully.
- Learn up-to-date working practices applicable to office and administration roles.
- Improve your practical skills and performance in the workplace.
- Develop your knowledge of a range of business and administration practices, including event management and budgeting.
- Develop effective communication techniques to aid interactions with colleagues and customers.
Successful completion of this course leads to a Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn:
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
Unit 1: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- Employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and the employer
- The purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
- How to communicate effectively with others
- How to work with and support colleagues
- How to plan own work and be accountable to others
- The purpose of improving own performance in a business environment and how to do so
- Types of problems that may occur in a business environment and how to deal with them.
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
- How to use different types of office equipment effectively
- How to keep waste to a minimum in a business environment
- How to make arrangements for meetings
- Procedures for organising travel and accommodation arrangements
- Diary management procedures
- The purpose of delivering effective customer service and how to do so
- The purpose of reception services and how to follow reception procedures.
Unit 3: Principles of managing information and producing documents
- The purpose of information technology in a business environment
- How to manage electronic and paper based information
- The purpose of producing documents that are fit for purpose
- Procedures to be followed when producing documents.
Unit 4: Principles of supporting change in a business environment
- Reasons for change in a business environment
- Reasons for reviewing working methods, products or services
- Types of support that people may need during change
- Benefits of working with others during change
- The purpose of responding positively to changes in working methods, products or services
- Ways of responding positively to change.
Unit 5: Principles of supporting business events
- The range of support activities that may be required when organising a business event
- Ways of providing support before, during and after a business event
- The purpose of displaying professional and helpful behaviour when supporting a business event
- Ways of dealing with problems when supporting a business event.
Unit 6: Principles of budgets in a business environment
- The purpose of budgets for managing financial resources to meet business requirements
- How to develop budgets
How to manage budgets.
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them develop knowledge of a range of business and administration practices, including event management, office management, budgeting.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- Resident of England only and does not cover Northern Ireland or Wales
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.
This qualification provides learners with a broad understanding of business practices. Learners will be able to progress to more responsible roles in accounting, marketing, operations, personnel or general administration.