Business and Administration Level 2
This highly popular FREE online Business and Administration qualification examines the day-to-day workings of real-world companies and teaches you the techniques that help them to operate successfully.
- Learn up-to-date working practices applicable to office and administration roles.
- Improve your practical skills and performance in the workplace.
- Develop your knowledge of a range of business and administration practices, including event management and budgeting.
- Develop effective communication techniques to aid interactions with colleagues and customers.
Successful completion of this course leads to a Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
Unit 1: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- Employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and the employer
- The purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
- How to communicate effectively with others
- How to work with and support colleagues
- How to plan own work and be accountable to others
- The purpose of improving own performance in a business environment and how to do so
- Types of problems that may occur in a business environment and how to deal with them.
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
- How to use different types of office equipment effectively
- How to keep waste to a minimum in a business environment
- How to make arrangements for meetings
- Procedures for organising travel and accommodation arrangements
- Diary management procedures
- The purpose of delivering effective customer service and how to do so
- The purpose of reception services and how to follow reception procedures.
Unit 3: Principles of managing information and producing documents
- The purpose of information technology in a business environment
- How to manage electronic and paper based information
- The purpose of producing documents that are fit for purpose
- Procedures to be followed when producing documents.
Unit 4: Principles of supporting change in a business environment
- Reasons for change in a business environment
- Reasons for reviewing working methods, products or services
- Types of support that people may need during change
- Benefits of working with others during change
- The purpose of responding positively to changes in working methods, products or services
- Ways of responding positively to change.
Unit 5: Principles of supporting business events
- The range of support activities that may be required when organising a business event
- Ways of providing support before, during and after a business event
- The purpose of displaying professional and helpful behaviour when supporting a business event
- Ways of dealing with problems when supporting a business event.
Unit 6: Principles of budgets in a business environment
- The purpose of budgets for managing financial resources to meet business requirements
- How to develop budgets
How to manage budgets.
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfill a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- resident of England only and not Northern Ireland
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.
This qualification can aid career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including healthcare, customer service, office administration, hospitality and many more.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.