Add to basket or enquire
Building surveyors are critical to the housing market and commercial businesses and will always be in demand wherever there is a construction project of any kind. We can coach you to become skilled in all aspects of inspection, health and safety, and UK property law. Learn with us, and you’ll be on the way to a satisfying and lucrative career.
Our Building Surveying Diploma is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Building Surveying Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Enter the building industry and become an essential part of its commercial potential by taking this Building Surveying Diploma, specially written by One Education. By training with us, you will quickly learn all the essential knowledge in property and construction, becoming a valued individual when performing a quality assessment on any property. Enrol now and start earning.
When starting our Building Surveying Diploma, you’ll quickly learn the fundamental principles and master the complex administration and techniques. We’ll also teach how to interact with construction firms, contractors, and property developers, and build information models. The use of technology and methods for rigorous inspection is explained, as well as a masterclass on historic buildings. Each one of the interactive modules will delve into a different aspect of surveying and grant you invaluable knowledge on how to excel in this profession. Sign up soon and discover how surveying the homes, houses, and any property can give you a profitable future.
What Will I Learn from This Building Surveying Diploma?
- Understand the crucial principles of UK building laws and regulations
- Learn about building procurement and contract administration
- Acquire the knowledge to perform Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Discover how modern technology has transformed surveying methods
- Know how to inspect both modern and historic buildings
- Gain the skills to inspect foundations and the walls of a property
- Become aware of “Building Pathology.”
- Be able to perform outstanding reports and provide excellent recommendations
Why People Enrol this Building Surveying Diploma From One Education:
- Eligibility for an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Building Surveying Diploma
- Learning materials of our Building Surveying Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Building Surveying Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Building Surveying Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Building Surveying Diploma
**** FREE GIFT ****
Construction Estimation using RSMeans Course is included completely for FREE with this Building Surveying Diploma!
This Building Surveying Diploma is designed with the following modules:
Building Surveying - Module 01:
Building Survey: An Introduction
- Building Survey
- A Brief Story
Building Surveying - Module 02:
Building Law Principles
- What is a Contract?
- Essential Elements of Contracts
- What are Building Contracts?
Building Surveying - Module 03:
Building Procurement and Contract Administration
- Parties and professionals in the construction process
- Types of a contractual arrangement
- Typical Contract Documents
Building Surveying - Module 04:
Building Information Modelling
- Introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- BIM “Dimensions”
- Stakeholders and BIM’s many roles
Building Surveying - Module 05:
- Building Elements
- Building Loads
Building Surveying - Module 06:
The Procedure of Building Survey and Surveys of Historic Buildings
- Inspection Procedures for House Survey
- Detailed Procedures
- Some Typical Defects in Residential Property
Building Surveying - Module 07:
Beginning of the Survey: Foundation and In-depth Survey in Walls
- Choice of foundation
- Types of foundation
Building Surveying - Module 08:
Ground Level Investigation: Floors and Investigation Above the Ground: Roofs and Chimneys
- Ground Level Investigation
- Suspended Timber Floors
- Solid Floors
Building Surveying - Module 09:
Inspection of Joinery and Woodwork
- Wood-boring Insects
- Wood-rotting Fungi
- Timber Frame Construction
Building Surveying - Module 10:
Finishes and Surfaces of the Building
- Finishes and Surfaces
- Plaster Finishes
- Other Wall and Ceiling Finishes
Building Surveying - Module 11:
- Goodbye to the Loft Tank?
Building Surveying - Module 12:
- What is Building Pathology?
- Cracking in buildings
Building Surveying - Module 13:
- What is Adaptation
- Adaptability Criteria
Building Surveying - Module 14:
Understanding Work Breakdown Structure
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Why use a Work Breakdown Structure as a surveyor.
Building Surveying - Module 15:
- Report Writing Criteria
Building Surveying - Module 16:
- Negligence Defined
How is the Building Surveying Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Building Surveyor, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
CPD & IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Building Surveyor, you will qualify for the CPD & IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Building Surveying Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Building Surveying Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Building Surveying Diploma is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for Building Surveying Diploma is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire these skills that are necessary.
This Building Surveying Diploma will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this Building Surveying Diploma. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
David Leigh asked:
Is that price of £14 for each module or for all the modules?
Dear David, Thank you for your inquiry. For all the modules. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
seyed yousef amiri asked:
what you mean of duration is 6 hours
Dear Seyed, Thank you for contacting us. The estimated course duration is 06 hours of continuous study. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete it anytime within a year. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I sit for an exam?
Dear Oriowo, Thank you for contacting us. At the end of the course, you will have a mock exam and the final exam. The entire exam will be held online. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.