FDS Director Services Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Award-winning Non-Executive Director and best-selling author Jo Haigh will bring an interactive workshop which will leave you with a first-class toolkit to begin or expand your journey into a non-executive portfolio career.
With an increasing appetite for a portfolio career whatever stage in your life you are, having a seat or more on various boards can be an attractive, lucrative and highly enjoyable alternative, compared to a full-time executive position.
This online workshop will provide an introduction to the world of the non-executive director (NED) and aims to provide you with real first-hand practical tips on what the role actually includes and importantly how to access them.
With over six million business in the UK, opportunities exist in a variety of organisations such as: Supporting the board of an entrepreneurial owner-manager, joining a public body, such as an NHS trust, on their largely NED predominant boards), sitting on a housing association board, or for a more altruistic position, on a not for profit or charity or even an academy school (where a business background can add so much to the value to the organisation).
Please note there is no formal assessment or exam for this course.
What the workshop will cover:
- Explore why you want to be a non-executive director
- What are the essential skills you need to perform at world-class level?
- Getting noticed including: A killer NED CV, highlighting your position as a thought leader and how to stand out from the crowd
- Pre-appointment due diligence
- Contracting with the organisation and protection tools including: what to put in a contract and what is a reasonable fee and commitment.
The Business Masterclass Series:
This workshop is a part of a series of four interactive workshops being presented by Jo, covering essential skills and insights for directors. The other workshops in the series are:
- How to Build a Board of World-Class Directors
- Understanding Finance for Non-Financial Directors
- A Director's Guide to Being the Best in The Business
The cost to attend each workshop individually is £225. If you registered for all four workshops separately the cost would be £900. However, this is reduced to £750 for advanced bookings when registering for the whole series - which is a £150 discount. To book on to the Masterclass Series please see company profile. Please note the same dates apply.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.