Add to basket or enquire
Professional Training with certification for a limited-time discounted price! Learn all there is to know about abrasive wheels and how to safely work with them. Suitable for professionals working in the construction industry, engineering works or any line of work with machinery.
Highlights of the Abrasive Wheels - CPD Certified & IIRSM Approved :
- Demonstrate full understanding of the anatomy of the abrasive wheel
- Understand the dangers of using abrasive wheels and common causes of accidents involving abrasive wheels
- Know how to work in compliance with the Abrasive Wheels Regulations 1970
- Learn what the markings on abrasive wheels mean and which speeds are safe
- Be able to correctly store and handle abrasive wheels, in line with safety regulations
- Know how to inspect, check and test abrasive wheels to determine whether they are safe to use
- Understand how to safely fit abrasive wheels in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines
- Implement effective control measures to ensure the safe use of abrasive wheels
Ensure compliance and competence in your field with this practical online training course. The Abrasive Wheels – CPD Certified & IIRSM Approved course is a how-to guide on how to work safely with abrasive wheels and equipment, taking you through best practice procedures, key legislation and the full inspection process. This course covers everything from how to correctly handle and store abrasive wheels, to how to determine whether they are safe to use.
You will also learn how to read the markings on abrasive wheels and what they mean, as well as which wheel speeds are safe. The course also includes step-by-step instruction on how to fit the wheels correctly and safely, in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- Module 1: Introducing Abrasive Wheels
- Module 2: The Anatomy of an Abrasive Wheel
- Module 3: The Dangers of Abrasive Wheels
- Module 4: Abrasive Wheel Safety
- Module 5: Safe Speeds
- Module 6: Other Wheel Markings
- Module 7: Storage and Handling
- Module 8: Checking and Testing
- Module 9: Training and Certification
- Module 10: Inspections
- Module 11: Course Summary
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Who is this course for?
This practical training and awareness course is ideal for those who operate, supervise or manage the use of abrasive wheels, cutting tools, and other related equipment. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis, from any device with an internet connection.
The course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive a recognised qualification which you can use to fast track your career in the following professions:
- Abrasive Wheels Operatives
- Metal Cutters
The average annual salary in the UK for these job opportunities is £23,000-£31,000.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.