Add to basket or enquire
An essential AAT accreditation for students wishing to start or progress their career in accountancy or finance. The AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software with Sage 50 will provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to carry out typical bookkeeping transactions and tasks using accounting software confidently.
As we use official Sage course materials, not only will you receive a certificate from AAT, you will also receive one from Sage to demonstrate that you are working to Sage standards in a business environment. With over 800,000 businesses using Sage in the UK (more than any other accounting software), this will undoubtedly give you a greater chance of employment.
With this qualification you can build on your knowledge of accounting software packages. You'll learn practical skills, from using accounting software, entering accounting transactions and producing a range of reports.
With over 80,000 finance vacancies in the UK right now, studying the AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software with Sage 50 will increase your chances of employment success!
Salaries range by industry, sector and role, however, industry averages of an Accounts Clerk are between £16,000 and £32,000 a year, with a UK average of £27,000 a year.
AAT Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting (QCF) + Sage Certificate, Sage Digital Badge
Why choose e-Careers?
- 93.7% pass rate
- One of the largest distance learning providers of AAT in the UK
- We are the largest Sage Certified Training provider in the UK
- Boasting some of the highest pass rates in the UK
- Tutor Support from an FMAAT professional
- Best prices guaranteed
- AAT Subscription fee included worth £49
- 0% Finance to spread the cost
- 5 star Trustpilot rating
e-Careers were delighted to have been shortlisted for the ‘AAT Distance Learning Training Provider of the Year award 2020!’
About the course
- Over 90% of UK Accountants start their career with an AAT qualification
- Online course materials accredited by AAT
- Two certifications from 1 course - 1 from AAT and 1 from Sage
- Sage 50 software included for the duration of the course so you can practice what you learn
- Study practical and real-world skills anywhere, anytime, on a wide range of devices
(please note Sage 50 software is only compatible with laptops and PC's using a Windows based operating system)
- Study plan to help keep you on the right track to get your training done on time
- Open a whole new world of career opportunities
AAT subscription benefits
- Mock assessments to aid your studies
- eLearning tests and modules so you know where you're at
- Advice and tips directly from employers and help with creating an engaging CV
- Access to your achievements and results
e-Careers is a growing provider of Online Accounting Courses, so we are able to put together bespoke packages for you. We also offer:
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4)
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 2)
- AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 3)
- As well as advanced CIMA, ICB & Sage Courses
Call us to see which of our packages include a HP or Dell Laptop!
So whatever direction you want to take your career, e-Careers can help you - enquire today to speak to one of our expert course consultants about the best next steps in your career!
Don’t take our word for it – Trustpilot gives us 5 stars!
The service that I have received has been excellent and the team are really helpful and supportive. Would highly recommend”.
“Was a great help
Despite being held up (on my side) they remained patient and always helpful. Now I’m well on my way to my future career!”.
“Great courses and great customer service experience!
Recommended to my friends. Thank you”.
About the AAT
The AAT is the world’s leading professional body for accounting technicians, with over 130,000 members in more than 100 countries. Many AAT members occupy senior, well rewarded positions. AAT qualifications are attractive to prospective employers globally.
The course consists of five units of Accounting Software material:
Set up accounting software
- Enter information relating to the organisation at the beginning of an accounting period
- Set up customer accounts
- Set up supplier accounts
Process sales and purchases transactions
- Process sales invoices and credit notes
- Allocate receipts from customers
- Process purchase invoices and credit notes
- Allocate payments to suppliers
Process bank and cash transactions
- Process receipts and payments for non-credit transactions
- Process recurring receipts and payments
- Process petty cash receipts and payments
Perform period end routine tasks
- Process journals
- Reconcile the bank statement
- Produce routine reports for customers and suppliers
- Produce routine reports from the general ledger
How is it assessed?
To achieve this qualification, students are required to pass one computer-based assessment. We will help you pass your assessment by offering progressive tests that run throughout the course, along with the model answers for self-assessment. We provide you access to the AAT Lifelong Learning Portal which is included in your AAT subscription. The assessment fee is not included in the cost of the course.
The AAT require all students to join as a student member but we cover that cost, saving you £49! Just be sure to register as a student member within 14 days of your course start date, which will enable you to access additional content and sit your assessment.
Your Sage Digital Badge is also included in the course fee, allowing you to promote your achievement on your LinkedIn profile and via any other digital channels. A hard copy Sage Certificate is available for a small additional fee (approx. £12).
Are you concerned about exam centres being open or finding one close to your home? We are delighted to be able to give you the option of taking your Sage assessment at home online. Get in touch to find out more.
Who is this course for?
- A natural progression for students who have completed the Access Award in Accounting Software.
- The Foundation Award can also be a starting point for learners looking to start a new career path into Accounting or Finance.
- Those wishing to formalise their bookkeeping skills with a globally recognised qualification.
There are no official requirements, however we recommend a good grasp of English and Maths.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills to function in job roles including:
- Clerical Assistant
- Trainee Bookkeeper
- Accounts Clerk
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.