The Year in Industry students are being brought into the company to gain experience in the engineering industry, and to be given the opportunity to understand the business, and the project lifecycle, from conception to completion.
They will gain the opportunity to experience this within the world of control systems, gaining experience in the Foxboro I/A and Triconex systems.
Their primary role during the year would be working as part of a project team, and duties would cover:-
- Testing execution and support.
- System staging and build.
- Engineering tools build.
- System Graphics Build.
- Production of project documentation.
We will also be looking to fast start the professional development of the students, and encourage participation in the following activities:
- Provide suitable work relevant to a future career in engineering with industry.
- To ensure that they document their experience in a Chartered Engineering training record and become student members.
- Allow them a couple of days in the year to go and talk to 6th form students in local schools about engineering and the Scheme, thus giving them an opportunity to enhance their soft skills.
Relevant A or AS levels (or equivalent) in Engineering based subjects.