As a User Experience Lead within the ever-expanding Ecommerce team in TUI UK & Ireland, you will have the opportunity to provide user experience, design and innovation leadership on projects with the ability to solve complex problems and present solutions that create a credible user experience across the TUI UK & Ireland estate. This will enable delivery of best-in-class user experience solutions across our award-winning web, mobile and internal systems – to give our customers the inspiration they need to find and easily book their dream holiday. To do this you’ll be leading the user experience design (sometimes owning the deliverables, other times supervising less senior colleagues), working collaboratively with UX colleagues, visual designers and developers, and creating and maintaining effective relationships with key business stakeholders.
The TUI retail websites include Holidayhypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk, Cruisedeals.co.uk and a range of corporate websites – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward.
What you will be doing
As a User Experience Lead, you’ll be responsible for delivering enhancements to a customer-facing site that reaches thousands of customers on a daily basis. You’ll be helping them to choose and book the most important time of the year – their holiday! You’ll add value by helping bring their holiday experience to life, creating engagement and excitement as they go.
The UX leadership element of the role consists of ensuring that requirements and deliverables are understood, and are an appropriate fit across the portfolio, maintaining consistency where relevant and innovating where possible. Specific tasks include allocating tasks to members of your teams and reviewing deliverables, mentoring and coaching junior members of the team and managing stakeholders and business requirements.
You’ll still have plenty of opportunity to exercise your UCD skills and experience, across redesign projects and site optimization developments. Key tasks will include co-ordinating and facilitating user research and testing, generating concepts and sketches, user flows and journeys, prototyping and wireframe design, and presenting concepts and techniques to stakeholders – all within a highly collaborative environment. Liaising with technical teams is also important to ensure that deliverables are acceptable for use by our customers.
To do all this within our Agile environment, you’ll need to be able to get up to speed quickly, to understand the needs of our customers and the objectives of the business. You’ll also need to be a good communicator, and able to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and colleagues of various disciplines.
What we are looking for
An enthusiastic and experienced senior User Experience practitioner, with a background in UCD in a commercial environment, preferably across desktop and mobile transactional sites
• Self-motivated and results-driven, with good oral and written communications skills
• Experience of managing and leading a team of UX staff
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of deliverables
• Hard-working and dedicated
• Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
• A passion for all things digital, and a hunger to evaluate emerging trends, technologies and tools
• Significant experience in website analytics and optimisation, including AB & MVT testing
• Significant experience of user experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
• Strong conceptualisation ability in wireframes and prototypes and strong visual communication ability
• Demonstrable examples of improving online KPI's
• Fantastic influencing skills, coupled with the ability to coach and develop a wider influential team
• Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Axure and associated design tools
• Strong experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
• Highly organised with project management skills and or experience
Working within TUI group
TUI Travel PLC is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers. TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson and First Choice. We employ a team of 13,300 employees and serve over 5.2 million customers each year.
Help to make our customers smile and in return you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and reward package. You will have the opportunity to buy shares and receive free shares, join a contributory pension and receive Life Assurance cover. Make your money go further with our childcare voucher & cycle to work scheme as well as our shopping discount website. Other highlights include between £500 & £1750 towards a holiday each year depending on service, access to exclusive employee holiday offers, great rates on late notice flights, accommodation & cruises, 20% discount inflight and employee FX rates. Full details of your reward will be provided upon appointment.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please log on to where you will be required to log-in and provide personal details along with completing some application questions and uploading a CV.
Should your application be progressed further you will be contacted by the Team in Thornaby-on-Tees to arrange an interview at which you will be required to complete a short technical test. If you have any queries regarding this vacancy or the role itself please feel free to talk to anyone at TUI, like or follow our social recruitment sites or contact .