UX Designer - 60609
BCA owns and operates the largest used vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
Main purpose of job:
We are looking for a User Experience (UX) designer to join our growing UX, UI and Product Design team. It is an exciting time to join the team as we focus more and more on our digital experiences, using well known user centered design methods and the latest tools to design digital experiences our customers will love. We enjoy working in agile conditions so it’s important that you’re adaptable in your approach to collaborative user centered design.
You need to be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsibile for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user testing.
- Develop strong relationships with product managers and key stakeholders
- Plan an appropriate approach to each product and champion best practice
- Communicate clearly and effectively design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams, product managers and stakeholders both verbally and visually
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Produce journey maps and user flows to understand and demonstrate the user journey highlighting real user needs, motivations, and pain-points
- Facilitate ideation and sketching sessions
- Ideate, explore and collaborate on wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mock-ups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and platforms
- Translate initial thinking & data structure into product concepts
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate ideas and concepts
- Seek constant and prompt user validation through the product conception stages
- Help product development teams establish direction and vision
- To provide a pathway to simplify complex business problems into a coherent, end-to-end customer experience
- Identify user problems and devise solutions
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Produce high fidelity visual designs if you are comfortable and have UI experience, although not essential to the role
- Digital ecommerce Experience, preferably with a portion of that in-house
- Three or more years of UX design experience
- BA or BS in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- An excellent portfolio of solutions across the spectrum of design, covering different platforms and services. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions
- Experience working alongside developers, product managers and other designers as part of an agile, collaborative product development process
- Proven ability to lead workshops and kick off sessions
- Highly creative with ability to think outside the box
- Diplomatic and collaborative with a calm temperament, able to work within cross disciplinary teams
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational
- High level of competency with relevant creative tools (Sketch, Invision, Flinto, Axure, Adobe CS)
- Experience in designing for multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile & Tablet Web / Apps)
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions
- Take a professional approach, ownership, responsibility and be flexible
- Be able to manage time effectively
- Be able to prioritise and manage their workload
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and
Monday to Friday - 9.00am - 5.30pm
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 31 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays
Company pension scheme
Internal promotion as much as possible
Free parking onsite
Cycle to work scheme
Subsidised restaurant that delivers
Reward scheme that offers online and high street discounts
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!
- Product Design
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'