Position: Transport Manager
Grade: RCS L
Salary: £35,000- £38,000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 20th February 2018
For the role of Transport Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage the performance of the transport department by using allocated resources efficiently and effectively, including managing both transport and cross dock personnel. To effectively manage and drive the Health and Safety and engagement culture of the site To be the Operator's Licence holder for the site and effectively manage and control legal compliance, responsible for the key KPIs and costs and budget control for the site
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
- Day to day management of direct team and site personnel. Allocation of team duties, holiday and overtime approvals, communication briefings, discipline and grievance issues, management of relations with local trade union representative.
- Review store delivery, warehouse and cross dock plans to ensure that we are delivering a safe, efficient and cost effective solution for the customer and that the site has adequate resource aligned to that plan.
- Utilise daily reports to monitor site performance, spot opportunities & threats and implement robust actions to mitigate risks to cost or service.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained, including servicing, MOT's and accident repairs to ensure compliance and minimise any disruption caused by down-time
- Regular liaison with internal departments such as HR, Loss prevention, H&S, Risk and Fleet Engineering
- Daily liaison with customers Regional Management Team and internal departments
- Maintain and update knowledge on both transport legislation and health and safety requirements to ensure the
- Company complies with all statutory obligations (working time legislation, operator licensing, Health & Safety and quality)
- Review accident/incident investigations with the site team to prevent and reduce incidents
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years' experience of team management in a Transport and warehouse environment
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Previous experience of working in a unionised environment
- Previous budget experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Competent in MS Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Detailed understanding of current transport related legislative requirements
- Good knowledge of London & South East region
- Must have CPC international
- IOSH accreditation
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.