Haulage company running a fleet of 50 tippers, for transportation of road surfacing and aggregates materials, is looking for an experienced and CPC qualified Transport Manager.
Responsibility of compliance & maintenance records.
Knowledgeable about transport legislation.
The company operates 5 depot based in East London, Croydon, Bedford, West Drayton and Iver. The company’s head office is situated at the Iver depot.
The roles :
- To manage and administer all aspects of the company Operator license.
- Ensure that all DVSA compliance standards as well as companies own compliance standards are adhered to at all times. This includes timely scheduling for PMI, MOT, drivers routine checks, Tachographs among other compliance measures
- Ensure all vehicles are maintained and serviced accordingly
- Daily monitoring the defect reports from the company defect reporting IT system
- Regular Monitoring scheduler and Drivers Tacho downloads
- Take action against any infringements reports on from Tacho reports. Such action includes issuing disciplinary warning & other measures
- Ensure all incidences and accidents reported are fully investigated and actions taken as necessary
- Responsible for managing the company’s fleet maintenance and administration of vehicle maintenance documentation systems. This will taking reasonable cost cutting measure for fleet maintenance like researching for best prices for parts.
- Keeping accurate compliance records
- May be called upon to conduct driver briefings on performance, operations, compliance, health & safety, clients concerns among other relevant issues to drivers responsibilities
- Responsible for assigning duties and leading the maintenance team mainly contracted fitters.
- Expected to appraise, develop and improve compliance and safety in operations
- And any other relevant duties as may be assigned
Candidate need to have:
- CPC National
- Good Administrative skills and attention to details
- Compliance Management experience in transport
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Professional and presentable
- Ability to work with own initiatives and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of transport
- At least an HGV Class 2 licence
- A flexible worker
To drive a particular type of vehicle, you need an 'entitlement’ for that category on your driving licence. Please confirm what you are lisenced to drive?
- 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday (with some flexibility)
- Salary: £35,000- £40, 000
- 28 Days Holiday inclusive bank holiday
- Company van supplied
- Company mobile phone supplied
- Management System
- Business Operations
- Class II