Excellent opportunity available for a Test Engineering Manager to join a highly reputable Engineering manufacturing company, on a permanent basis in Portsmouth. Our client has offices around the world and strives to deliver the world's most reliable risers, jumpers and downlines for subsea exploration and production.
The successful Test Engineering Manager overall role is to manage all test engineering work packages for internal or customer projects. You will have a number of responsibilities including:
- Being the line manager for all test engineers in the department.
- Manage the delivery of short and long term tests of Pipe end-fitting and pipe body.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of testing methods and systems to gain greater understanding of structural performance.
- Lead the specification, design and procurement of test equipment to meet the business objectives.
- Strategic management of suppliers of test equipment to enable efficient execution of test activities.
- Understand and comply with the document controls and processes to reduce the likelihood of harm to people, property and the environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience in a similar role in the industry.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of test methodologies used with composite structures.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of instrumentation methods.
- Energy and enthusiasm for tackling challenging engineering issues.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Ashley Clarke on or email ashley.clarke @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13656. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
- Oil & Gas