This growing business work within a niche industry, and design solutions bespoke to their customers' individual needs. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the sourcing and movement of products from suppliers, through the production process and then onto their global customers.
This role will be focused on supplier appraisals and performance management. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the company's overall supply chain, logistics and operations in order the maximise the process efficiency and productivity. The ideal candidate will have a strong procurement and supplier management background, as well as ideally 2+ years in supply chain management.
Your tasks will include:
- Working with the purchasing team, project managers and engineers to source the right products at the best price.
- Negotiating and putting in place service level agreements with principal suppliers.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers and third party logistics companies.
- Planning and implementing logistic strategy, ensuring targets are met.
- Overseeing product storage, handling and distribution.
- Working on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analysing performance.
- Managing?, ?developing? and motivating a team of supply chain staff.
- Improving the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
Experience / Skills Required:
- At least 2 years' experience in supply chain management
- Excellent supplier performance management experience
- Previous experience in leading a team is highly desirable
- Project Management, ideally Prince 2
- Risk management experience
- Warehousing, distribution or logistics
- Experience within the consumer goods industry is ideal but not essential
- Able to manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and inventory management software
- A can do attitude when faced with considerable challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
You will receive:
- Base salary £40-50k DOE.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Opportunities to travel to the Middle East several times a year.
- Working hours are 9-5:30 Mon-Fri
A full job description will be provided to all suitable candidates.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply Chain Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'