We currently have an opportunity available for a Senior Management Liability Underwriter to join a Global Insurer and their domestic market underwriting team. Reporting directly to the Head of ML , you will underwrite a portfolio of new and renewal business which includes D&O, Employment Practices, Fiduciary Liability, Crime and Employed Lawyers.
This role provider a fantastic flexibility to be office or home based!
- Manages a profitable book of business by evaluating results and conducting portfolio reviews for assigned territory and individual producers. Develops integrated pictures of factors that affect profitability, growth, retention and recommends, implements, and monitors necessary action plans.
- Executes underwriting strategy as determined by management, including portfolio management and self-audits. Implements underwriting decisions in compliance with state laws and company guidelines.
- Has underwriting responsibility for a book of new and renewal business. Examines, identifies, and evaluates exposures by analyzing documentation from various sources, such as the insurance application, internet searches, inspection reports, credit reports, etc. Makes underwriting decisions to accept, decline, or modify risks within assigned underwriting authority level in partnership with underwriting team.
- Collaborates with team members to manage work inventories and all production activities to provide accurate and timely service in accordance with business unit standards. Processes underwriting decisions. Documents files and reports via automated desktop systems and tools.
- Managing the South Region book of business
- Over 5 years of Management Liability Underwriting experience
- Exceptional client-facing skills
- Ability to identify and describe the major perils insured under policies
- Ability to independently identify and describe the exposures and hazards to consider in making an underwriting decision
- Must have proven analytical, decision making, problem-solving, communication, presentation, listening and organizational skills
- Must be able to work both independently and as a highly collaborative member of a team
- General Insurance
- Professional Liability
- Liability Underwriter
- Senior Underwriter
- Management Liability Underwriter