Secretary (Care Industry)
£18,000 - £21,000 depending on experience, salary increase after successfully passing probation and additional £1k - £2k for on call allowance, on-call is required on average once every 2 weeks during the weekday and one of the weekend days every 4 weeks.
Do you want a job that makes a positive difference to people's lives?
Do you have a caring nature?
I am recruiting for a Care Secretary to join an ever growing and well established Care Company who really focus on putting their employees and clients first. They provide care services in the home to the frail & elderly, disabled and those with learning difficulties; as well as to care homes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Awareness of and ensuring that the service users’ interests are of paramount importance.
- Receive requests to provide domiciliary care service, and liaise with the referrer – (social services, home care team or service user’s families)on how services can be delivered most effectively to meet the service user’s needs.
- Ensure home visits to be completed needs assessments and development of care plans are undertaken timely by field supervisors; and ensure all service users’ files are accurate and up-to-date.
- Co-ordinate, plan and manage complex staff rotas, ensuring adequate staff cover. Ensure changes are reflected as soon as possible on the rostering system.
- Provision of on-call service outside normal working hours and maintain a detailed log of all on-call activity. This on call duty will be held in rotation by staff in the office.
- Be prepared to go out on care calls in emergency when required
- Participate and supervise in activities of care coordinator administrators some of which include electronic monitoring and formulation of support plans.
- Understanding of current CQC regulations as well as Social service regulations.
Have great attention to detail
Good working knowledge of care standards in domiciliary care and health and safety issues.
Have good customer service skills
Be able to supervise team
Have excellent time management skills
Have strong administration skills
Be excellent communicators