POSITION: Regional Logistics Manager
LOCATION: Ellesmere Port
HOURS: Monday - Friday
SALARY: NEG DOE
Due to continued expansion my client is seeking a Regional Logistics Manager located from their Ellesmere Port site.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Logistics Manager who will be responsible for the day to day operation and execution of the transport plan for the manufacturing site and overseeing a busy transport team. As part of the Site Leadership team the successful candidate will have responsibility for all logistics activities, have a passion for transport and be capable of planning and executing key results for the business.
- Support the development, planning and execution of a cost-effective transport solution
- Plan the seasons transport requirements in line with Group seasonal plan.
- Gain a thorough understanding of customers delivery requirements
- Identification of key haulage providers to optimise great customer service
- Negotiation of haulage rates to ensure customer delivery requirements are achieved
- Negotiation of annual SLA/contracts with hauliers
- Regular dialogue with Customers, National Accounts team, Customer services in both Head Office & EP
- Management of Logistics team on site
- Daily liaison & dialogue with service providers and customers
- Take part in regular reviews with all transport providers and add constructive feedback
- Compile KPIs relating to all transport operations
- Ensure the team completes Purchase order details for each haulage transaction
- Calculating costs for agreed loads.
- Ensure all consignments are booked with customers in line with SLA expectations
- Keep customers & delivery points up to date of any delays or failures
- Establish a good working knowledge of all products & types
- Takes part in daily logistics/production site reviews
- Attend the monthly P&L site meeting with Directors
Skills and Experience Required:
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior logistics management role in a high volume FMCG business.
- Strong understanding of inbound, outbound and 3rd party haulage requirements.
- Degree qualified with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong understanding of managing ERP requirements.
- Ability to work independently with strong planning and organisational skills.
- Experience working Direct to Warehouse and Direct to Store with experience of key grocers
- A clear understanding of what it takes to provide a superior level of service to our customers.
- Operational knowledge of local haulage contractors and the UK transport network.
- Ability to be an effective operator, with a demonstrable commercial acumen.
- Due to the site location own transport is essential.
Please call Nicola for more information on or email your CV to
- Logistics Manager