Are you a passionate about HR Operations and looking for a new position working within a fast paced, varied role?
A great opportunity has arisen to join a progressive and growing organisation in a standalone role as a Regional HR Operations Manager. Joining the company, you’ll be solely responsible for supporting sites in the North, supporting 7 regional managers across North Wales, Manchester, Wakefield, Scottish Borders, Carlisle, Cheshire, Preston, Hull, Durham. The ideal candidate will be based in Nottingham or Derby.
You will be given great autonomy in your role, the chance to shape the future of HR Operations and the opportunity to develop professionally along the way. If you’re up for a challenge and the opportunity to be in involved in every element of HR in a company that really values you, then look no further.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner the regional managers in the people planning process, participating in the formulation of the regional business plan, influencing decisions as appropriate by understanding issues, budgets and performance.
- Take ownership for the development and delivery of the people plan that effectively underpins the regional business plan.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to stakeholders on opportunities, risks and possible people and business impacts of decisions.
- Support management team in the implementation and evaluation of employee engagement survey and action planning to continuously measure and improve employee engagement and raise operational performance.
- Work collaboratively with management and L&D team in identifying training needs and creating solutions that are commercially focused and align to the people and business plan.
- Undertake specific HR projects, providing effective project planning to ensure delivery on time and to the required standard, as and when required.
- Building a strong relationship with stakeholders and leaders across the business
- Manage end to end recruitment activity, including job advertisements, applicant tracking with responsibility for candidate experience.
- Manage the onboarding process for all new starters from offer letter to induction.
- Complete start to end ER Case Management, including, conducting Employee Relation update calls with the Area Business Managers, completing letters, tracking progress, updating case management system, exporting reports from the system to provide information and statistics to the Head of HR
- Monitor Sickness, absence levels, headcount and provide monthly reports to the Head of HR to ensure HR KPI’s are being delivered.
- Supporting with the end to end office management of the site including organising business events, shows and workshops.
What you’ll be:
- Good understanding of the HR arena and business partnering model
- Assertive with good communication skills and the ability to demonstrate experience in influencing within a hierarchy of levels
- Strong coaching skills
- Union experience is integral to the role
- Positive with a 'can do’ approach
- Experience of working in a fast-paced SME organisation
- Up to date experience of HR best practice
- Proven time management skills, including prioritising and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail required with the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A proven leader, with the ability to motivate and continue to develop a newly-formed HR team