We need you! Let First Bus inject some oomph into your career and join our team as a PowerBI Developer!
Your mission as a PowerBI Developer is to help the fleet and engineering team within First Bus UK to deliver on their strategic goals of improved reliability to the passenger and efficient use of engineering resource by capitalising on the rollout of the new Infor EAM asset management platform and the wealth of data that provides.
This is a remote role and you can be based anywhere in England
In this role you will:
- Work with key business stakeholders in the fleet and engineering team to define KPIs and regular reporting and insight requirements.
- Aid the procurement function in optimising ordering and stock management of vehicles and associated components.
- Build out the agreed upon reporting suite within PowerBI and/or Infor EAM's embedded Cognos reporting functionality.
- Be the expert in the data held within Infor EAM and work with the system owners to ensure relevant data is captured in the right way to answer business queries.
- Work with the Data Engineering resource in the wider D&A team to embed Infor as a key data source within the Azure Synapse Analytics environment.
- Seek out new sources of data (such as sensor data from components on the vehicles) to enrich the offering to the business
Skills & experience
- Excellent SQL skills and a strong desire to learn new and emerging technologies.
- You must demonstrate experience working with large and complex data sets as well as experience analysing volumes of data
- Experience with data visualisation solutions such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik etc.
- Experience in cloud data services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure etc
- Experience in an engineering or asset management environment would be beneficial as would prior exposure to Infor EAM.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - able to articulate complex results clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders.
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Degree educated in a numeric, scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us too
We want the best people on our team. So, we'll look after you with great training, benefits and opportunities to grow your career:
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- Ongoing professional development
- A good salary, which can be discussed at interview stage
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR, and our other First train companies
- Private Health Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- And a whole host of high street discounts and perks as well as the opportunity to really make an impact!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services!
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.
Interested? Click on apply and complete an application form!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves
- Windows Azure
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'