Salary: Depending on Experience
Our client is a leading retail industry that prides itself on the range and quality of indoor & outdoor equipment.
* Working closely with the seasonal bedding plants from counting existing stock, negotiating the best cost prices with suppliers, responsible for placing orders through to seeing in the deliveries and checking the quality of the plants from the suppliers.
* You'll be on the shop floor too, helping to display the plants
* Overall responsibility for ensuring continuous improvement in cost, variety and interest.
* Working closely with our dedicated employees to ensure they are supplied with super high quality bedding plants to be displayed and retailed in the area.
* Be the "go to" person for getting the best deals and promoting the Garden Centre as a showcase so that suppliers want to offer us their exciting new plants and products.
* Good eye for detail as you need to be able to spot and manage any discrepancies between orders and confirmations and find the best ways to resolve them.
* This role will also include shop floor work such as watering, bringing stock from the nursery to the shop floor, displaying stock and helping customers.
* You will be expected to wear safety footwear and uniform that will be provided for you
* Previous experience as a plant buyer would be an advantage
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - you'll need to be comfortable manipulating and analysing data in our systems, including Excel
* You must be a fast learner - you'll need to hit the ground running otherwise the role won't be for you!
* Flexibility and commitment - you'll need to roll up your sleeves and actually get your hands dirty as part of the Buying Team and they'll expect you to approach every task with the same enthusiasm and energy.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Claire at Adore Recruitment.
Adore Commercial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in commercial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Office/Admin, Accounts, Customer Service/Call Centre, Shipping/Logistics and B2C Sales. We are acting as an employment business/agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"