Permanent or Secondment Opportunity,
WIG’s mission is to encourage individuals and, through them, their organisations to work together across the sectors to inspire better leadership, make better informed decisions and find better solutions which benefit society. This is an exciting time to join the WIG team to help enable us to provide a trusted environment in which leaders are exposed to cross-sector perspectives through the transfer of knowledge, skills and experience. In so doing, we will offer the opportunity for connections, collaboration and mutual learning, and we will use the support of those thathave benefited to advance our purpose.
WIG, a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
We are a small, agile and supportive team who work together to get things done. Reporting to the Chief Executive, this role is central to ensuring we achieve our charitable purpose. This person will have access to a range of development opportunities, including via our unrivalled programme of learning and events. We are always looking to improve and enhance our service offering and work together collaboratively to utilise new and diverse ideas and suggestions.
This is an important role for the organisation and focuses on the following activities:
- Arranging both external and internal meetings, including booking rooms and travel;
- Supporting the Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer in their roles, including relationship building with key stakeholders;
- Providing PA administrative support in the preparation of reports, correspondence, presentations, and spreadsheets;
- Board liaison, including organising Board meetings, taking minutes and co-ordinating Board papers;
- Assistance with research, briefings and preparation for meetings, both external and internal;
- Supporting the Chief Executive and the Chief Operating Officer with diaries and appointments, ensuring effective use of time and preparation of papers and information in advance;
- Ownership of inboxes: sorting, redirecting and replying as appropriate;
- Extensive member liaison by phone, email and letter;
- Responsibility for maintaining Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records relating to the work of the Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer;
- Responsibility for general office supplies;
- Assisting in cross-WIG organisation of internal events as appropriate
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants a pivotal role in a small and supportive charity, and we are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- Confidence and interpersonal skills in dealing with people at all levels, demonstrating professionalism and diplomacy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to plan and organise workload of Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive;
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure and to run a number of different projects simultaneously;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- An appreciation of the work of WIG, its charitable purpose, and an interest in the interaction between government, business and the not-for-profit sector.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience;
- Experience working in a Business to Business environment;
- Experience of minute-taking.
Values and Behaviours
- Embodiment of WIG Values internally and externally - Creative, Open-minded, Trusted;
- Flexibility - need for an 'all hands to the pump’ attitude when the organisation is particularly busy;
- A team player with the willingness to work flexibly and proactively and respond to the emerging needs of the organisation.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff and takes the support and development of its staff seriously
Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
The position is available on a permanent, full-time equivalent basis and is based at our office near St James’s Park (we are currently working remotely in line with Government guidelines and will continue to follow these). We plan to offer flexibility of working hours and provision for some home working on return to the office, in line with organisational need. We offer a flexible working space, with an environment designed for various types of work.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years’ service are entitled to 27 working days per year.
In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is committed to equality of opportunity and inclusion and we are keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment. As such, we are always willing to consider flexible working arrangements (including reduced hours working) for the right candidate.
How to Apply
- The deadline for applications is Midnight, Tuesday 6 July 2021.
- First round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 12 July 2021.
- Second round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 19 July 2021.
- Administrative Support
- Relationship Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'