Working for Zurich means you’re part of a company that brings valuable peace of mind to people and businesses in the UK and around the world. As a Market Underwriter you will analyse and underwrite new and renewal business whilst regularly interacting and facing the market. You will utilise the Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments providing a high level service to customers.
- Underwrite and analyse new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
- May provide guidance to lower level associates.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
Your skills and experience:
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good working knowledge of Engineering Underwriting and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively assess risk.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis and win-win negotiating.
- Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
Zurich offer a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle; plus you will receive an annual company bonus subject to performance, free travel insurance for 12 months and a 12% employer contribution pension scheme. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone. As part of our commitment to charity we offer employees three volunteering days per year
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"