Logistics Manager- based in Lytham, £30,000 to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience
Do you have five years’ experience in warehouse/logistics and managing capital projects?
A varied and busy role where no two days are the same.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, your main duties will include: -
- work closely with the HOM and the GB to ensure we maximise space at all times
- managing the warehouse staff to ensure they are working effectively
- formulate, implement and deliver the warehouse strategy
- constantly seek to improve warehouse performance and efficiency
- keep within agreed budget at all times
- introduce a programme of continuous improvement
- in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager maintain and improve standards within the warehouses
- project manage and deliver change initiatives as required
- total responsibility for all incoming and outgoing goods
- organise all international shipments ensuring that all regulatory paperwork is completed in line with each customers requirements
- introduce KPI’s to monitor daily and weekly efficiency
- ensure all finished goods are shipped within the agreed time limits every day, every week, every month
- work closely with the Customer Services Team to ensure customers are kept aware of their order status, being pro-active and not reactive at all times
- constantly review, challenge and develop the logistical processes and their capabilities to meet current and future business requirements
- ensure all employees under your direct control receive a formal annual appraisal
- coach, mentor and develop all direct reports
- where appropriate introduce personal development plans for key employees
- develop positive employee relations through fostering team working, communication and employee engagement
- ensure all warehouse areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- the ability to lead in adversity
- good interpersonal skills
- the intellectual capacity to introduce new management techniques and handle multi problem issues
- batch and process manufacturing experience
- experience of managing capital projects
- good IT skills and an in depth knowledge of current manufacturing systems
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.
- Positive Employee Relations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job