Twin is a non-profit organisation which owns its own trading company. This unique structure allows us to combine trading, marketing and programs to build market systems that deliver better livelihoods for farmer groups in least developed countries. Established in 1985, Twin has a strong track record for connecting actors along the value chain, to facilitate deep and global partnerships between small holder producers and their customers. Commercial Operations and Logistics is a key lynch-pin in the delivery of our vision to use trade as a tool to create sustainable and vibrant small holder communities. We have an opportunity to bring on board a Logistics and Certification Manager based in London.Main purpose of the job
To ensure coffee and cocoa is shipped in a timely and efficient manner, and that the relevant information and services are provided to our partners throughout the value chain.Person specification
- Supply Chain Management and associated documentation knowledge (preferably in coffee).
- Contract Administration Knowledge.
- Language skill: Spanish and/or French desirable.
- Fluent in INCO terms, logistics and various shipping terminology.
- Experience with commodities and certification. IT competence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly Efficient and Organised. Service Orientated Attitude.
- Experience in Developing Markets. Practical and Solutions focussed.
- Degree level Minimum.
- Oversee and Ensure Efficient Shipment and Delivery of Coffee and Cocoa to clients.
- Collate Export Documentation and Forward to Partners in line with Contractual Terms.
- Manage Certification Requirements. Keep Partners advised of shipment status.
- Manage Logistics and Warehouse Costings Database. External Relationship Management.
- Responsibility for Managing Costs and Payments to Third Party Service providers.
- Responsible for implementing shipping processes and procedures effectively.
We are an ambitious team operating in excess of 30 different markets that is expanding its operations and footprint internationally. This is an opportunity for the right person to gain significant exposure to trading and development whilst delivering a critical component in our unique structure. We are a close knit team that prides itself on performance within difficult country environments. The role will not only enable the right person to gain expansive international experience and an evolved skill-set but they will also be delivering real value and development to many least developed regions. There will be ample scope to grow within the role and assume increased responsibilities quickly.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job