Based: Bristol area.
Hours: 37.5 per week
A global leaders in the manufacturing and distribution of specialist systems has an opening within its Bristol/ North Somerset facility.
A experienced Principle Engineer/ Lead Engineer is required to join the team in Bristol. Working within a fast paced, friendly environment. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Systems Engineer role exists to act as the lead technical resource for either a specific project, or to provide direction across multiple projects, providing guidance to Project Leads and Senior Engineers as circumstances require..
- Leading engineering solutions for Engineer to Order products.
- Improving departmental processes in support of the Engineering Manager.
- Work independently on significant developments and provide appropriate reporting to senior management.
Essential minimum requirement:
- Previous experience in a technical product development role, and experience of working as a Principal Engineer or other similar lead role.
- Experience working within an assembly
- Manufacturing or production engineering experience essential
- Strong knowledge of product development methods and working practices.
- Understand key project deliverable and requirements and have the ability to report concisely to the senior management.
- Strong, demonstrated abilities in the area of standards compliance and technical construction files (CE marking, EN standards, ATEX, SEMI).
- Experience of FMEA, HAZOP, DFMEA and other design and risk analysis techniques.
- Experience in the type testing of equipment in support of design.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations in support of the design.
- Function mapping of products and processes.
- Fault analysis techniques (8D, Fishbone diagrams).
- Practical abilities to test equipment or direct such.
- Knowledge of design tools and Product Data Management (PDM, SAP) &; 3D CAD.
- Understanding of Piping and Instrumentation diagrams and system schematics.
- Value engineering.
- Used to working in a multidisciplinary environment (Software, Electrical, Technologists, Marketing).
- Attention to detail and right first time approach.
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure.
- Competitive salary (negotiable; dependant on experience)
- Bonus scheme
- Paid overtime
- 32 days Paid holiday
- Ongoing training
- Career progression prospects
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme up to 6%
- Free parking
If you live within the above areas and are interested in this role please apply or contact (urlremoved)  directly.
Pertemps Network Group operates as both an employment agency and employmentbusiness as originally defined in the Employment Agencies Act 1973 as amended by theEmployment Relations Act 1999. Pertemps is one of the largest independently ownedrecruitment agencies in the UK - the power of a national with the personality of a localindependent
The Permanent Recruitment Hub Bristol is within The Pertemps Bristol Branch which hasbeen established since 1980 successfully finding jobs for people and people for jobs.Supplying permanent staff to clients large and small, across the Engineering sector: FMCG,Manufacturing, Service Sector, Plant & Construction. Covering the whole of the Bristolarea as well as North, South, East and West Somerset, North Bristol, South Gloucestershireand Bath. Our experienced and professionally qualified team of specialist consultants arehere to help.
We are committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and to promoting equality anddiversity within our policies, practices and procedures. We are also committed topromoting equality and diversity in Pertemps Network Group. This applies to ourprofessional dealings with clients, staff and directors and third parties.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job