Lead DevOps Engineersought after by a leading Financial Services company in Central London
The role of the Lead DevOps Engineer is to lead the Infrastructure DevOps engineering team to deploy and operate all services on public cloud services.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for working and building strong relationships with the central Cloud Services function, Application DevOps teams and cross-functional IT teams to deliver cloud infrastructure solutions in an automated efficient manner.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring that automation capabilities to support the execution of operational activities are built.
- Lead a team of DevOps and SysOps Engineers to deliver projects and business services.
- Work closely with the Cloud Services Team to ensure governance, project delivery and Architecture requirements are met.
- Work across multiple application development DevOps 'pods' as the AWS engineer.
- Build and manage Cloud environments to enable application deployments.
- Lead the engineering of solutions on Digital Cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure As Code methods (Terraform).
- Ensure Operational and compliance activities are undertaken and remediation actions planned for services.
- Provide quality assurance for engineering delivery and ensure best practice is followed.
- Review environment compliance checks.
- Provide impact assessments where requested for changes proposed on Digital Cloud services.
- Support continuous improvement processes and contribute to engineering best practice working with other Infrastructure Lead DevOps Engineers.
- Team leadership and management.
- Working in an Agile Scrum & DevOps environment including expert knowledge of scrum management tools (Jira).
- Solution delivery in alignment to approved design patterns and security standards.
- Risk management effectiveness.
- AWS experience and AWS certifications.
- Scrum Master experience ideally in a DevOps environment
You should also have a demonstrable track record with the following technical experience:
Certifications: Solutions Architect, Business Essentials, Technical Essentials
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job