Key Account Manager- South
Salary: £40,000k pa + £10,000k OTE commission + car allowance + Bupa + 5% non-contributory pension, car schemes
Main purpose of job
To manage and develop existing Dealer Network relationships and to secure new Dealer Network relationships with all CBS Brand Partners in order to retain and grow the CBS Fleet.
This is a new Key Account Manager (South Region) role to support the Major Accounts Manager through the company's growth. This is a regional home based-role with the candidate being required to provide a key account management service to clients across the South of England, Scotland and Ireland. Occasional travel to the Head Office in Bury, Lancashire is also required.
To be the leading Employee Car Ownership provider in the UK Automotive Sector, leading in terms of quality, standards, expertise and value added.
To ensure that CBS are the number one choice for all stakeholders of employee car ownership schemes including Brand Partner, Group Customer and Group Employee.
- Plan Dealer Group interaction in advance in order to satisfy the needs of the Dealer Group or CBS Brand Partner in accordance with the CBS Strategy.
- Conduct meticulous planning prior to any Network engagement with existing designated customers, ensuring any on site interaction is value adding to Employers and their respective Employee communities, whilst complementing the CBS and Brand Partner strategies.
- Identify and build long term relationships with key decision makers at Dealer Group Head Office level.
- Ensure a coherent strategy exists to engage contractually with regionally designated Dealer Groups where a company contract is not in place.
- Initiate regular communication and interaction with designated Dealer Group Employers.
- Monitor and drive forward incremental growth by providing Dealer Groups with measured assistance on how CBS schemes can commercially assist them achieve their goals and targets.
- Ensure specific quarterly strategies are implemented within all designated Groups.
- Actively and clearly communicate the features and benefits of CBS products, making full use of company approved marketing materials.
- Embrace and share best practice across all business functions.
- Equip all Dealer Groups with the relevant knowledge, skills and materials to enable CBS products to be made available to eligible Employees.
- Keep the Major Account Manager fully informed of all discussions, agreed objectives and developments with Dealer Groups without undue delay.
- Maintain accurate, complete and up to date Dealer Group contact records.
- Execute weekly and monthly reporting disciplines in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide real time feedback to the Major Account Manager on both market trends and Group activity with all CBS products.
- Promote and comply with all company minimum standards as detailed in the company handbook and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Attend monthly Network Development Team meetings alongside any other relevant meetings on and off site.
- Work collaboratively with the Major Account Manager, Operations Managers and Mercedes-Benz Relationship Manager to maintain the fleet and maximise incremental registrations.
- Work on key projects as assigned ensuring delivery timescales and objectives are achieved.
- Degree educated
- Educated to GCSE Level including English and Mathematics
- Business development related training or qualification
- Finance related training or qualification
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Target and results driven approach
- Meticulous planner
- Strategic thinker
- Boardroom gravitas
- Feild based experince
- Up to date industry knowledge
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Organised and efficient in all areas of record keeping, report writing and planning
- Ability to produce accurate and commercially beneficial reports
- Interpretation of data skills
- Team player
- Ability to build relationships up to Board Level
- Previous retail automotive experience
- IT literate including in the use of MS Office and CRM
- Exemplary presentation skills
- Previous experience in a field based role
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- 5% non-contributory pension
- Bupa and Medicash after probation
- Access to car schemes after probation
- Death in service