To assist and support Purchasing team to manage orders on direct supply base efficiently whilst developing an understanding of all roles in the department.
A global manufacturer
- Create purchase orders to MRP schedules, maintaining order integrity during period of purchase orders, responsible for maintenance of delivery date, price, lead time etc.
- Assist in carrying out analysis of delivery schedules and progression of overdue purchase orders to ensure on time deliveries, expedite where necessary, liaising with other departments to ensure accurate flow of delivery information.
- Communicate issues with supply of parts to senior team members and assist in finding a solution.
- Own and manage as portfolio of non-strategic and non-critical suppliers with support.
- Manage goods in enquiries to resolve simple booking in errors.
- Assist in the return of non-conforming product to suppliers
- Process reports to assist in maintaining integrity of Purchasing data in the MRP
- Liaise with production and engineering departments when necessary
- Attend production meetings
- Participate in the departmental Buddy Scheme.
- Previous experience in a Purchasing department or Manufacturing environment advantageous
- Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft Office , particularly Excel
- Keen attention to detail required
- A fantastic opportunity to start and build a rewarding career within purchasing , for a highly reputable business.
- Competitive package
- Team environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job