IT Support Technician - Client site, Central London
The Support Analyst will be providing users based at our client site immediate access to 1st/ 2nd line support personnel who will be able to apply a high first time fix rate and focus to each call.
This individual will be a skilled and qualified IT support professional who has been working in the industry for 3+ years. They will, therefore, be able to hit the ground running and provide instant support for users.
Working for Complete I.T., our clients require an experienced IT support technician to support their growth.
The client is a national charity, with their Head Office at Old Street in London. The IT Support Technician will be helping to support 500 users across 10-15 offices in the UK, so there is likely to be some occasional travel involved.
This role includes:
- Fielding IT support queries from the users onsite and remotely
- Logging the call details into a helpdesk system
- Working with the Remote Helpdesk on 1st and 2nd line IT support queries to resolution
- Communicating regularly with end users
- Prioritising workload
- Creating supporting documentation
- Managing 'Active Directory’ for New & Leaving Users
- Escalating 2nd and 3rd line support queries to Complete I.T. Helpdesk
- Checking and administering backups and backup procedures.
- Producing and updating documentation both IT Support related and User specific guides and procedures.
- Providing Brook locations with 'drop-in IT centres’ for users to gain face-to-face support.
- Provide user training for the Brook team on general IT tasks and more specific application support and guidance.
- Managing Brook’s hardware and software asset database.
Qualifications and Key Tasks
Formal Education & Certification
- A’ Level, NVQ or above qualification in IT
- 2 year plus IT support experience in a similar role
- MCP Qualifications would be advantageous
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including memory upgrades, replacement of disks, video/sound and network cards.
- Proven experience with desktop and server operating systems,
- Extensive application support experience including Microsoft Office 2013 2016
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fielding IT support calls from users, either in person or by email / telephone.
- Logging all support calls in a helpdesk system to the agreed SLA.
- Work on the resolution of IT support issues including but not limited to:
- Password resets
- Permissions changes
- Printer Troubleshooting
- Mobile Phone Support
- Patching of PC’s and phones
- Fixed desk phone support
- Server administration
- New user set up
- Group Policy Management
- Backup monitoring and management
- AntiVirus software management
- Asset tracking
- 3rd party application support
- Desktop builds
- Escalating issues and problems to the London Helpdesk
- Creating and updating documentation
- Communicating at all levels in the organisation
CIT is driven not only by our clients and our fantastic relationships with them, but also our amazing team. We are not just a successful business, we are a family. People matter to us - their opinions, their ideas, their development and most importantly their happiness is valued above all else, as they are the key to our success.
With this is mind we try to make sure that the benefits that we offer to our team reflect the high value that we place on them. We offer private healthcare schemes, an employee assistance programme, access to an exclusive discount website, eyecare vouchers, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, long service awards, and quarterly team nights out. We also carry out bi-annual development reviews for all of our team members, giving them the opportunity to discuss their career and their training and development. Our team are the best in the business, so training is very important to us - we provide internal and external technical and soft skills training, and support our team by paying for them to take the exams that they need to gain valuable, industry recognised qualifications to develop their knowledge and expertise.
- Technical Support
- 2nd Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"