IT Support Technician required for my client based near Didcot for a permanent role paying £25-30k
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company where you will work alongside the IT Manager providing internal support on all areas of the infrastructure.
You will be working on new projects as well as diagnosis and resolution of incidents, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- Provide support for phone calls, emails and self service from staff regarding IT issues and queries.
Troubleshooting mobile devices, laptops, PCs and Printers
- Troubleshooting any networking issues (LAN, WAN and wireless)
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate Information Security policies for the business.
- To identify areas of security improvement, and to resolve these issues.
- To provide proactive and reactive monitoring, management and improvement of security solutions.
- Provide technical security support for projects
- Liaise with third-party suppliers to resolve any issues, such as video conferencing, ISPs, telecoms.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, processing new joiners and leavers, maintain email and security groups etc.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years in an IT support and with a keen interest in IT security
- Good understanding and ability to troubleshoot TCP / IP Networking and VLANs
- Good understanding of firewall and VPN technologies
- Basic User and Security Group Active Directory administration
- Server roles and features: Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, File Sharing, DFS, Remote Desktop roles
- Windows Servers 2008 onwards
- Microsoft Office products
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows desktop OS
- Desktop and laptop repair
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job