Our client is a thriving data management business based in and around Reading. 87% of Fortune 500 companies use solutions developed by the business. We are looking for an IT Service Technician on an ongoing contract basis (potentially long contract - 1-2 years). This position will suit a Senior IT Support Technician with Active Directory, Hardware/ Peripherals and general troubleshooting experience with PC/Mac computers along with a suite of mobile devices and computer accessories.
The employees will utilise a combination of PC and Mac computers along with a suite of mobile devices and computer accessories. In addition to common industry desktop software, these computers run agents from the company's own security and data management applications. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment with multiple devices and applications all while developing your technical skills.
* Greet customers for their IT needs and quickly understand how to assist them.
* Promote the perception of all IT as a preferred technology service provider by maintaining a pleasant, comfortable and inviting service environment and by guiding customers to the most effective avenue of support.
* Install, troubleshoot and repair computer hardware (PC and Mac).
* Recommend and install hardware and peripherals including memory, SSD drives, external backup drives, etc.
* Understand our customer needs and guide them on selecting the right hardware/software to meet their business needs.
* Install company Operating Environments on IT supported hardware.
* Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and approved applications.
* Instruct and assist end users in the use of computer equipment, software and accessories.
* Evaluate and test new technology for feasibility and implementation within the business.
* Perform asset management activities to ensure hardware is properly assigned to the end users.
* Identify needs, procure and manage local supplies that enable services within the IT Services Bar (for example, accessory stock).
* Document all support activity within the IT Incident and Change Management tracking tool.
* Coordinate efforts with 3rd party vendors to repair faulty hardware.
* Facilitate engagement with other IT problem resolver groups and ensure a satisfactory hand-off when help is needed from outside the IT Service Bar.
* Be familiar with and demonstrate new (yet-to-be released within the business) end-user devices and software and provide enhanced support to executive leaders within the company.
* Bachelor's degree or related technical education.
* 3+ year's experience in a large organisation administering, operating, maintaining and securing large-scale enterprise desktop environments.
* Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving.
* Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
* Ability to adhere to a schedule of customer appointments while adapting to dynamic customer requests.
* Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical repairs and an eagerness to learn.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts in simple language.
* Strong experience and working knowledge of current Windows Operating Systems.
* Ability to prioritise and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Flexibility to make schedule adjustments to cover before/after usual business hours or when other team members are unavailable.
* Active Directory working knowledge
- Active Directory
- Desktop Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job