St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £89.91bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of this role is to help Partners acquire and service their clients through the provision of technical investment support. This role supports the Partnership, field management teams, head office departments and clients deal with investment technical related queries through a phone, email and face-to-face service. The role has responsibility for key internal processes and tasks that ensure Partners have up to date information to service clients.
- A substantial part of the role will be answering telephone queries around our investment proposition and related email queries via the team inbox
- Contribute to the delivery of key internal processes and tasks that the team own
- Able to explain how our range of investment tools work and the benefits their use offers Partners and their clients
- Generating investment performance reports for client review meetings
- Supporting other departments such as the Private Client Team with large cases or Client Liaison with performance related complaints
- Supporting department and wider business investment related projects e.g Tax year end
- Supporting the maintenance of insightful and engaging investment marketing material for use by the Partnership
- Building and maintaining in-depth technical, generic and St. James’s Place specific investment knowledge together with a strong awareness of the macro economic factors that impact on investments
- A growing investment technical ability, demonstrating acquired knowledge gained through exams, further reading and experience to help provide a holistic answer to Partner and client queries
- An interest in investments and markets with the ability to discuss these clearly and succinctly so that Partners, clients and other parties can make informed decisions
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads and be flexible in approaching varied priorities
- Polite, helpful and patient telephone manner
- A team player with a positive attitude
- The ability to gather key information before providing responses which meet the Partners’ needs
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Working towards the Diploma in Financial Planning
- Able to explain 'Our approach to investment management’
- Understand the history of the funds and changes to fund managers, fund names, mandates etc
- Have an understanding the wider market performance and current affairs
- Developing a wider appreciation of other teams within Head Office and their roles
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance, equity participation opportunities, and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation, a grant-making charity where funds are raised and distributed through the St. James’s Place community. St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation has been supporting those in need since 1992, making a positive and lasting difference to people’s lives by awarding grants to charities registered in the UK to assist them in the incredible work they do every day. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: 'Wealth Management Company of the Year' at the City of London Wealth Management Awards 2018, 'Best Private Client Investment Manager’ at the Wealth Adviser Awards 2018 and 'Best Wealth Manager' at the Shares Awards for 2017
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"