The Shared Services Organisation (SSO) requires a Senior Manager to act as Payroll Manager for the various payrolls used to pay circa 18,000 Deloitte staff in the UK and Channel Islands. The role involves responsibility for the effective and controlled delivery of the day to day payroll service, managing the relationship with our payroll provider and managing changes to the way payroll is delivered at Deloitte. You will be subject matter expert on payroll and will provide direction on all payroll matters. You will be a driver of payroll strategy and changes, working with senior stakeholders in the SSO, UK-Finance and HR to deliver a high quality end to end service.
The operation and control of payroll currently involves a wide range of teams and processes within Deloitte SSO, HR, Finance and our outsource provider. As you will not have direct control over all of these activities, you will be working with multiple stakeholders to ensure that all processes are fit for purpose from a payroll perspective and deliver improvements and efficiencies whilst maintaining strong control over a critical area for Deloitte.
Excellent Service and Relationship Management
- Building relationships with key stakeholders, based in multiple locations in the UK, Channel Islands and potentially similar Deloitte operations in North Europe.
- Working with our external provider to run all aspects of payroll across a variety of countries.
- Managing the relationship with our payroll provider in line with contractual commitments and in the resolutions of service level or operational issues.
- Managing governance forums for payroll.
- Overseeing the running of Payroll through the full lifecycle.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing each month and demonstrate control over payroll to senior stakeholders.
- Manage the compilation and preparation of payroll data for internal and external reporting. Working with stakeholders to ensure such reporting is fit for purpose.
- Overseeing and operating reconciliations of payroll figures at the end of each month ensuring that all payroll control accounts are balanced and posted during payroll finalisation.
- Responsible for payroll service delivery and quality of service.
- Owner of payroll KPIs and SLAs to the business.
- Demonstrate the value for money for each of the services through transparency of resource and service deliveries.
- Maintaining appropriate payroll procedures to provide audit-able controls that meet legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements.
- Responsibility for ensuring all processes and procedures are documented, and for knowledge sharing.
- Manage employee queries, complaints and escalations.
- Liaison with other SSO teams.
- Acting as payroll subject matter expert (UK and offshore payroll) and contributing to wider strategy and changes with payroll impacts.
- Driving payroll requirements for systems changes and contributing to projects which impact payroll systems.
- Preparing for contract re-lets and playing a key role in projects to change outsource arrangements with current or future requirements.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
37.5 hours per week (flexible options negotiable)
Milton Keynes, with some travel as required
Your professional experience
- Strong experience and knowledge of all aspects of UK payroll management, relevant UK law and regulation (including ideally Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
- Experience with international payroll will be an advantage.
- Experience of management of third-party providers/offshore teams.
- Can take responsibility for delivery of high quality results.
- CIPP degree or equivalent qualification.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Can interpret business objectives and drivers.
- Able to positively challenge strategic decisions.
- Has the ability to build personal and business relationships with leadership and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as part of the management team.
- Is able to establish themselves as a trusted business advisor
- Has a deep understanding of risk drivers.
- Proactively looks for opportunities to put forward effective business solutions.
- Ability to manage continuous improvement solutions.
- Can create a compelling vision.
- Acts as a role model and inspires others to reach their potential.
- Ability to travel as required.
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Requsition code: 149811For a full job description please click apply
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job