Job Title: Head of Business Development
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Commission Structure + Company Car + Mobile etc.
Are you an experienced retail professional with a background in consumer durables/electrical products looking for the next challenge? Do you get excited by an opportunity to make a name for yourself by building a new channel from scratch? Are you looking to work for a €1bn turnover company with a fantastic reputation globally? If yes, our client has an excellent opportunity for you!
Head of Business Development – The Role:
A large global company is looking to establish a new business unit in the UK retail market to capture the exciting potential offered by the growing trend to make our homes technologically smart. With a range of home hubs, sensors and devices for the “smart” home, they are extending their reach to further improve our living environments.
Liaising with the UK Country Manager and Smart Home Channel Director in Europe, you will be responsible for building a new channel for smart home products in the UK. As a successful Business Development Manager, you will identify mass retail opportunities for these products to be sold direct to the consumer.
Head of Business Development –Key Responsibilities:
- New business development with mass retailers, DIY chains and online retailers
- Market mapping, customer identification, acquisition, development and retention
- Planning of local sales strategy and promotional activity
- Contribute to wider channel strategies and category management in the Northern Europe business unit
Head of Business Development – Experience Required:
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years in a business development role selling into the mass retail sector for consumer durables
- Demonstrable account management experience within DIY/electrical multiples preferred
Head of Business Development – Personal Attributes Required:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excited by new challenges
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- Interested in and capable with new technology
- Ability to speak another European language would be an advantage but is not essential
This role is home based with frequent travel to meet with potential customers and accounts as the role demands. As such this person can be based anywhere in the UK although ideally they would be based fairly central in the Heart of England.
Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
To submit your CV for this exciting Head of Business Development opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job