Head Chef - day time working only - Eastbourne
£22-24,000 + company benefits, day time working, and alternate weekends off
We are looking for a head/sous chef to head up the kitchen at this in-house company restaurant serving the public with all fresh food seasonal menus. It is a very popular daytime restaurant that also serves great barista coffee and a range of homemade cakes, desserts, and pastries.
You will cook the core company menu, have input into daily specials, and will manage every aspect of the kitchen - stock, GP, training, compliance, and maintaining high standards of presentation.
This is an exciting time to join them as they have recently refurbished the restaurant and kitchen and it is going from strength to strength.
You will need your own transport.
A massive bonus is that you will work straight day shifts only with alternate weekends off.
ROLE - HEAD CHEF
As the Head Chef you will:
- Prepare & cook the all fresh core company menu
- Work closely with the restaurant manager and FOH team
- Manage, train, and develop your team
- Order and control stock and wastage
- Control the GP, labour, and all costs & budgets
- Maintain legislation and compliance
- Ensure high standards of presentation
- Maintain company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - HEAD CHEF
- Experience as a head/ sous chef in busy fresh food cafes, restaurants, hotels, or commercial contract catering operations
- Passion for working with fresh food and ideally some experience working with core menus
- The ability to train and develop people and teams
- An intrinsic understanding of relevant legislation & compliance
- Financially aware - managing the GP and costs & budgets
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Passion and drive to succeed
- IT literate - working with systems & process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader as they continue to invest and expand.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'