The role of an Event Safety Stewards is one of customer care. If there are any breaches of Ground / Event regulations or spectators are required to be ejected, they will be expected to notify their Supervisor or Response Team Security for assistance. Event Safety Stewards are not expected or required to be involved with searching or ejecting spectators.
Mininum requirements: -You will be required to work 4.5 days at the Gallery and be available most weekends and cover some weekdays if need be.
- Attend the event venue at given times as instructed by the Management Team of Securitas
- Attend the pre - event briefing and ensure all information is understood
- Do not leave the event venue after "signing - in" until stood down by your Supervisor
- Undertake pre - event and post - event safety checks as required
- Be responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within a designated area at all times
- To staff entrances, exits and other key points within the Event Venue
- Constantly monitor the spectators in your area of responsibility, checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with the Event Venue instructions
- Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the Event Venue are adhered to
- To control and direct spectators entering and leaving the Event Venue and to assist in this movement
- Ensure that gangways and exit / evacuation routes in your area of responsibility are kept clear
- Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among spectators reporting findings to a Supervisor. Where appropriate complete the relevant Incident Report Form (available from your Supervisor)
- Enforce and immediately report to your Supervisor any breach of Ground or venue regulations
- Know the location of fire fighting equipment at the Event Venue
- Know the location of the First Aid teams within the Event Venue
- Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Be capable or recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages and to report these immediately to your Supervisor or the Control Room.
- Promptly comply with any instruction given by a Supervisor, a member of the Event Management Team or a Police Officer ? Remain at your designated post unless authorised or ordered to do so by a Supervisor, a member of the Event Management Team or a Police Officer
- Report immediately to a Supervisor, a member of the Event Management Team or a Police Officer any damage or defect likely to pose a threat or danger to spectator safety e.g. damage to a barrier
- Assist as required in the evacuation of spectators from the Event Venue
- To undertake specific duties in an emergency as directed by the Event Management Team or a the appropriate emergency Securitas Security Services (UK) Ltd March 2016 services officer
- Attend all required training
- Understand your general responsibilities towards the health, safety and welfare of all spectators, other stewards, event staff and themselves
- CRB Check: Required as part of their screening
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or working towards)
- You should be fit, active and have the character and temperament to carry out the duties of an Event Safety Steward
- You should possess good communication skills and be of sound character
- You should be polite, courteous and helpful to all spectators
- Whilst on duty you will adhere to the Securitas dress code and be clean and tidy
- You are not engaged to watch the match or event, but are expected to concentrate on your area of responsibility
- Whilst on duty do not eat, drink or smoke in view of the public
- You will not wear any colours which show an allegiance to any sporting team, whilst on duty
- You should not consume alcohol in the 8 hours before or during a tour of duty.
- You should never celebrate a team scoring a goal
- You should never show hostility or use obscene or offensive language to any spectator
- You should never act in any was likely to discredit Securitas
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job