As an infrastructure specialist, Murphy directly employs more than 4,000 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives across the world. We operate in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia and the Middle East. We have a number of specialist capabilities such as pipelines, process, marine, tunnelling and piling, and we invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
Engineering Manager – Rail
Murphy is looing for an Engineering Manager to join an exciting new rail framework in Stratford with Network Rail. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for coordinating the design delivery for CP6.
It is an exciting time to join Murphy with many infrastructure challenges to conquer with innovative engineering solutions. We welcome tactile engineers with management and previous rail experience to join the leadership team.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the HSQE department.
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Provide operational, strategic and contractual advice and service to bid preparation and project management when associated with design management and engineering.
- Manage delivery of guidance and service support to bid and project meetings to contribute a clear view for delivering design management and engineering.
- Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved.
- The day to day management of all engineering activities currently being undertaken including assessment of permanent and temporary works design works requirements and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
- The selection and appointment of all Contractor’s Responsible Engineers (CRE’s).
- The review of all Designs to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- The final review and acceptance of all AFC documents.
- Responsible for the review appointment and monitoring of all CRE’s.
- Responsible for ensuring that all changes in client / company standards are captured reviewed and briefed out to all CRE’s and staff who have safety critical involvement.
- Ultimately responsible for all engineering activities both on and off site for the particular project in question.
- Deputising for Engineering Managers from other Region/Division in their absence.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
- World class infrastructure specialists operating in the UK, Ireland and Canada.
- Specialists in Rail, Power, Water, Utilities, Construction and Property.
- We employ over 3,500 people across our business functions.
- Professional Development Programme approved by The Institute of Civil Engineers, ICE.
- Our Values: Never Harm, Always Deliver, Integrity & Respect, Continually Improve, ONE Murphy.
- Turn over c. £800 million per annum.
Please apply today.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'