Engineering Manager - Kent
An exciting position has just been created for an Engineering Manager to join my leading client in their Kent based offices. My client is a technology driven business continually designing new products whilst maintaining and updating a successful product range. They are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to head up their Engineering team whilst remaining technically hands on in a design capacity. You will have an electronics design background and have experience in a team leader or managerial role.
Responsible to the Managing Director, the role consists of engineering project planning and team management for a high value, low volume product environment. You will be expected to remain technically hands on whilst leading the engineering team on a daily basis.
The successful candidate must have expertise in the following areas.
- Strong electronics design background - analogue, digital and PCB design
- Management or team leading of a team of engineers.
- Ability to motivate staff and maintain throughput whilst maintain standards.
- Project planning from product conception through to manufacture and test
- Working to ISO9001 quality standards.
- Administration of software and hardware design documentation and version control.
- Ensuring high standards are maintained in all engineering disciplines.
- Highly computer literate and fully conversant with the common Microsoft office packages.
- Ability to communicate well with other departments and respond to their requests and feedback.
Additional experience in the following areas would be invaluable
- Embedded software design in C.
- Microcontroller design
- Knowledge of the use of CAD packages for simulation and design.
- Knowledge of high level language design for Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing and production techniques.
Based in the Sevenoaks are my client as plenty of onsite parking available so is easily commutable via: Croydon, Orpintgon, Redhill, Edenbridge, Bromley and more. The company is offering a competitive salary in line with experience, a full range of associated benefits and a comfortable and friendly working environment. This is the chance for the right Engineering Manager to have a real impact in the design and development of a leading product range so apply today for immediate consideration.
- Engineering Management
- Team Management
- electronics design