Our client has had significant investment over the years. The work force has increased by 50% in the last 5 years and the group are incredibly proud of the team and output of the site. Located in the beautiful heartland of Ayrshire, the Plant is now looking to recruit an exceptional Electrical Engineer who will grasp a fantastic opportunity to complete the required upgrades over the next 2-5 years.
As the plant has evolved, there is a real focus on the electrical integrity of the site. The purpose of the role is to take ownership of the electrical function and work in partnership with the Engineering Manager and Plant Director to create a world class and leading site.
To manage the department in order to operate efficiently and effectively to predetermined and agreed standards and legislation within budgetary constraints.
- To undertake a comprehensive training programme to be able to manage and fully understand the Electrical Engineering Department.
- To develop and maintain planned maintenance programs to minimise production downtime.
- To project manage the installation and commissioning of new equipment, to required standards, specification and legislation.
- To evaluate and audit current electrical blueprints and map drawings. Create a procedure to ensure all future changes to software and hardware are mirrored on blueprints.
- Carry out fault finding, provide recommendations for upgrades, improving plant availability and efficiency in a cost-effective manner. To plan and implement upgrades and improvements as required.
- To implement and maintain the company’s safety systems as detailed in the health & safety manual. To ensure the operation and related tasks are conducted in a safe working manner and that any incidents, accidents, hazards or near misses are investigated and duly reported.
- To manage and develop actively personnel within the department, in conjunction with the HR Department, applying company policies and procedures.
- To attend any meetings required as part of the normal duties, including occasional trips to continental Europe.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as tasks as commensurate with the position.
- To communicate and co-operate, where required, with other group personnel in all plants.
Knowledge and Experience
- A 'rounded’ senior manager with significant experience in a similar position; from an Industrial or Manufacturing background
- Strong technical knowledge
- Lead complex Project Management
- Experience in people management, raising performance standards and dealing with challenging performance issues
- Proven record of leading and managing high performance teams
- Able to demonstrate a track record in creating value
- Experience of dealing and negotiating with partners
- Developing and delivering strategies as agreed by the Engineering Manager and Plant Director
- Experience of dispute resolution
- Confident; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful working relationships.
- Ability to manage people from a diverse multi-cultural background
- Good written and verbal skills
- Open to change
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Related work experience
- Relevant supervisory/Management experience at a similar leadership level
- Working knowledge of PLC (Siemens S5/S7)
- Working knowledge of PROFIBUS
- Working knowledge of SCADA (InTouch, Wonder ware, RS View etc.)
- High standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Office Products
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (time served)
- CIEH Supervising Health & Safety Certificate
- HV Switching Certificate
- Full Driving Licence
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Johnny Fieldhouse at Populus Select.
- Electrical Engineering
- PLC Programming
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'