We are expanding our development department at BES Utilities and require a Developer to join a fast paced environment.
The Developer role is a hands on development role that will be split between technical development, team mentoring and skills building.
As the Developer you will be expected to have an understanding of the software development life cycle and project management methodology, and be able to demonstrate a systematic, disciplined approach to problem solving.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the business analysts to identify technical solutions for business requirements
- Mentor and build the technical knowledge of the junior members of the development team
- Develop, modify and maintain the internally developed applications across the business
- Providing expert advice and support when systems are being upgraded or installed
- Ensuring written technical documentation is created and maintained to support the user documentation provided by the business analysts
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with partners and stakeholders
- To provide clear and cogent reports to required deadlines for the development team manager and key stakeholders as required
- To work with the development manager to implement development standards
Knowledge and skills
- C#.Net - 5+ years experience
- Net - 3+ years experience
- SQL (T-SQL) - 5+ years+ experience
- Microsoft Tools
- Visual Studio 2013+
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Web Services
- Unit testing
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree educated or equivalent - Programming, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years working as part of a development team in a C# role
Please send your CV and a cover letter providing full details of why you feel you would be suited to this role.
The closing date is 4th October 2018.
Please note if successful you will be required to attend an interview with the hiring manager within 1 week of the closing date.
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'