Data Management Administrator
Up to £30,000 + bonus + benefits
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 as a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since then, they have built an innovative, high performing reputation as one of the UK's leading fund managers with an award winning track record and exceptional standard of client service.
RLAM provide investment management solutions to both wholesale and institutional clients such as not-for-profit organisations, local authorities and the insurance sector. They invest across all major asset classes and manage approximately £101 billion of assets (at 30.09.2016), an increase of more than 100% over the past four years. RLAM pride themselves on the people they employ, their excellent performance and delivery, and the wide-ranging group of clients they manage for.
Due to a continued invest back into our Market Data function we have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Market Data Administrator to join the Market Data Team in London. The Market Data team is part of the wider Data Management Group responsible for supporting the management of RLAM's investment data.
The primary purpose of the role is to administer RLAMs central repository for Market Data licences and expenditure, ensuring existing services are documented and invoices are tracked to the MTP for Data Management. The role reports into the Head of Data Management.
The role will work closely with the Market Data Manager so to ensure:
- full data costs and corresponding contracts are recorded
- MTP for data Management is monitored to actual costs
- Invoices are paid in appropriate time frames
- Maintain up to date market data subscription inventory
- Analyse invoice expenditure to MTP - documenting outliers
- Process all invoices in a timely manner
- Display subject matter expertise in market data vendors, products and licencing
- Ensure customer queries are fully meet and resolved within an appropriate timely manner to create a positive customer experience
- Provide effective and timely communication between relevant business areas to ensure data licence queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Contribute to market data cost reporting - producing relevant metrics and MI
- Provide support to the Market Data Manager
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Participation of ideas and suggestions to project work
- Reflect the Spirit of Royal London values through demonstrating positive behaviours in relation to your objectives and all stakeholders
- Take ownership of your own development by ensuring that you have a clear and defined development plan that you continually review and work towards
- Apply risk management techniques in your day to day role
- Regular risk reports demonstrate effective management
- Control frameworks regularly tested with improvement plans agreed and implemented
- Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit reports do not identify any significant unknown risks/weaknesses
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experienced in Excel, word and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Client focus - showing a do it right do it now mentality
- Effective time management, the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal stake holders
- Confident and effective communicator
This is a fantastic opportunity to take your first steps into the world of financial services and Asset Management and would suit a suit a recent graduate who is keen to learn and develop themselves and wants to forge a career within the world of financial services and Asset Management.
For a confidential discussion on the role or to apply, please contact Danny Palmer at the following address:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job